None of the staff but Filch seemed to be stirring themselves to help her. Indeed, a week after Fred and George's departure Delilah witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves, who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier, and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth, "It unscrews the other way."

To cap matters, Montague had still not recovered from his sojourn in the toilet. He remained confused and disorientated and his parents were to be observed one Tuesday morning striding up the front drive, looking extremely angry.

Delilah glanced out the Transfiguration window and winced.

"I feel sorry for his parents," she said, watching Mrs. and Mr. Montague as they marched upstairs.

"He's still a prick," Daphne said.

Delilah and Daphne had grown even closer as they were the only ones in their friend group that wasn't in the Inquisitorial Squad.

"He is, but it's crazy what happened to him. You know he says he sometimes heard things happening in Borgin and Burkes?"

Daphne nodded, looking bored.

"Yeah, I don't see why you're so interested. He probably was imagining things."

"Will you two pause your conversation and return to the lesson?" McGonagall snapped.

"Sorry Professor," they chorused.

Over the next few days the conversations around the castle switched from Fred and George's grand exit (Dumbledore would be proud) to the upcoming Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. Everyone seemed excited and nervous. Everyone it seemed, except Delilah.

She didn't care about Quidditch and didn't want to go to the match. It would be a good time to work since everyone would be gone. But it was Daphne's mission to convince her.

"Come on, just go. I don't want to sit alone," she pleaded.

"I've told you," Delilah repeated for what felt like the thousandth time. "I need to do homework and study."

"No you don't, I've seen how quickly you can get it done. You'll be fine."

Delilah couldn't argue, so she switched her argument.

"Even if I could go, I wouldn't want to. It's Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor's new team is nowhere near the same standards it used to be. Ravenclaw has it in the bag."

And she didn't want to hear anymore "Weasley is Our King," but that wasn't important.

"Come on, you don't even have to pay any attention and you need to get outside, you've been studying all the time. "

Delilah groaned. Daphne was too stubborn for her own good. She had been bothering her about it throughout April, even though the match wasn't until the end of May.

"Alright, but don't expect me to get excited."

Daphne squealed.

"Fantastic!"

The match came too soon. They found seats in the tallest, back row. Delilah tried not to look down, instead focusing on the weather. It was a nice, clear day with a small breeze. It felt nice.

Lee Jordan, who had been very dispirited since Fred and George had left, was commentating as usual. As the teams zoomed out onto the pitches he named the players with something less than his usual gusto. "... Bradley... Davies... Chang," he said gloomily.

"And they're off!" said Lee. "And Davies takes the Quaffle immediately, Ravenclaw Captain Davies with the Quaffle, he dodges Johnson, he dodges Bell, he dodges Spinnet as well.... He's going straight for goal! He's going to shoot — and — and —" Lee swore very loudly. "And he's scored."

The Gryffindors groaned.

Predictably, the Inquisitorial Squad on the other side of the stands began to sing:

Weasley cannot save a thing,

He cannot block a single ring...

Delilah blocked them out and pulled out her homework, holding it carefully so the wind didn't blow it away. She wished she could put in headphones, but even if they would work around Hogwarts, they couldn't block out all the sound.

She tried her best to focus, but finally gave up when the stands erupted into cheers from... the Gryffindors? Delilah glanced at Daphne who shrugged.

"Weasley saved a goal. We'll see how long it lasts."

His first save seemed to give him enough confidence that the rest of the game he managed to keep saving goals.

The Gryffindor team, emboldened by Ron's success, managed to make enough goals that by the time Ginny caught the snitch, they won.

The Gryffindors exploded into a reprise of "Weasley Is Our King" and rushed onto the field, picking Ron up. They continued to cheer as they walked out of the stadium. Delilah decided it might be best to wait before heading back to the castle.