6.

Khalo pov

"Ao'nung, Khalo, you're going to hunt today. Take Roxto with you. Be back at eclipse." Father said, telling all of us what we need to do today. I nodded, looking at Ao'nung rolling his eyes.

"Don't be late." Mother said, leaving the tent. "What your mother said." Father added, following his mate. I turned away from Ao'nung heading to my weapons.

"And what should I do now?" I heard Tsireya asking, while I grabbed my knife and my spear to hunt. "I don't know, hang out with your Lover boy." Ao'nung replied to her, sharpening his knife, and getting a few nets ready to carry the fishes. It was always his task to do them, and I made sure we had enough fish at the end of the day.
"Would you mind getting Roxto for us? We need to leave soon, so we're back on time." I asked Tsireya, shortly looking up at her, before her leaving the tent. I always felt a little bad for Tsireya. She wasn't often allowed to go hunt with us. Neither had she any specific task in the clan.

"What's with you and that Sully boy?" Ao'nung suddenly asked, dropping the nets he held.

"What do you mean? Lo'ak and me are friends." I replied, not looking at him. I knew damn well that he meant Neteyam, but I really didn't felt like talking about him. If at all, then not with Ao'nung.

"You know pretty good, that I don't mean Lo'ak." Ao'nung said, grabbing my shoulder. Forcing me to look him in the eyes. "You and Neteyam, or whatever his name is."

"Neteyam and I are just friends." I blocked him off, getting his hand off me. I hated it, when someone touched me without permission.

"You've been weird for the last time." He said, turning away, getting back to his nets.

"Well, I just make friends." I said, leaving the tent to go to Mameí. Or to leave Ao'nung. He has been so annoying since the Sully's arrived

"Hi." I said, getting the saddle on her. I spotted Rahil swimming behind her, looking up to me.

They're so sweet, I thought before lying my spoon down. "So we're going to hunt today?" I heard Roxto saying behind me. I shortly looked behind me, to see him all ready to take off.

"Yeah, we just have to wait for Ao'nung." I said, patting Mameí's head, waiting for him.

Roxto also got his Ilu ready, before he went over to me, standing next to me.

"Why don't we take the Sully's with us? Wouldn't it be a great teaching for them? Someday they need to learn how to hunt." Roxto asked me. I looked at him. "Father wants us to hunt. Also, he thinks they have learned the important stuff, so we're not gonna hang out with them anymore." I explained spotting Ao'nung coming over. I grabbed my spear, before jumping into the water, getting on Mameí. "Let's go", I heard Ao'nung say, before we dived underwater.

I looked into the water, trying to spot a fish, who was worth leaving my hiding spot. There, I thought, getting my spoon ready to shot it.

Got it, I thought, swimming over to it. I placed it in the nets we have made up for the hunted fishes.

"I think I've got enough" I signed to Roxto who had just got a fish.

"Me too", He signed back, swimming over to me, handing me the fish to place it in the net. "Where's Ao'nung?" I asked-signed, before feeling a hand on my shoulder. I turned around just to see Ao'nung swimming behind me. "Let's get back to the clan." He signed, getting over the water surface. I followed him, grabbing the net, which was pretty full.

"We still have a little time left, let's not rush home", I said, getting on Mameí. I loved to chill on Mameí, just trotting through the deep water. "I'll take the net." Roxto said, getting on his Ilu, grabbing it.
When we started to head back to the clan, Roxto swam before us, he was a little bit faster than us.