That classic phrase paved the way for the rush of familiarity that came with the promise of a great escape to a world where imagination was one's greatest weapon, much like the comfort Ki Rai found snuggling up to her favourite Halabeoji.

As Halabeoji read on, the leaves of their beloved oak tree fluttered with the gentle breeze, landing in harmonic disarray around the beautiful sight of the eldest of the Hyuns and their youngest sharing a story.

Perhaps it was that time of the year, or perhaps he was feeling particularly sentimental that day, but Halabeoji found himself subconsciously recalling the good old days as he read on.

On and on it went, and deeper and deeper he ventured...

...into his memories, into his past, into his early days when he first met his beloved.

He read to her the very first time he had her over, under the very tree which now guarded him as she guarded him. Back then, the same peace flowed within him whenever he was reading under the ancient tree.

Years later, their days were spent cuddling under the tree with a book in their hands as he read to the child in his wife's belly.

At 23, he welcomed their only son into the world and made it a point to read to their little one every single day, filling his world with endless possibilities and boundless wonder.

From fables to myths to fairy tales galore.

From magic to sword fights to the times before.

Stories of all kinds accompanied his son as he grew to become the chairman of VAST entertainment.

And when his son had his own sons, he vowed to do the same for them.

He hadn't expected to live that long, but somehow, he had been blessed with the opportunity to meet his great-grandchildren. In return for his longevity, he did the same for Jeong Eun, Eun Ae, and Ki Rai as he has been doing for decades.

Back in the present, Halabeoji ended the story naturally when he noticed Ki Rai sleeping soundlessly on his lap. The wise man sighed softly as he closed the book and ran his wrinkled hand through her long tresses before he smiled, shaking off the gnawing feeling that peace wasn't going to last long for their family.

In that moment of disquieting silence, Ye Jin came running; a spark of light amidst the growing dark clouds that hadn't been present minutes before.

They'll be fine, Halabeoji thought when he was presented with the memories of a time when all hope seemed bleak for his precious ones and the trials they had to go through to bring light back into their home.

And it was all thanks to the young lady running up to him now.

"Halabeoji. Have y-" Ye Jin's voice was an octave higher than usual from the panic rising within her.

"Slow down, child. Whatever has left you so frantic?" Halabeoji asked calmly.

"I-Ki Rai!" Ye Jin finally heaved a sigh of relief when she spotted their littlest princess in her great-grandfather's arms. "Goodness me, work must have gotten to me today. I panicked when Ki Rai didn't greet me at the door today, but she's usually with you or Mdm Ji Hyun anyway so I don't know why I had any reason to feel anxious but I am, and she's-"

"Child." Halabeoji broke through Ye Jin's ramblings as he placed a finger to his lips.

Ye Jin instinctively covered her mouth when she realised Ki Rai was sleeping before she carefully lifted their child off Halabeoji's lap.

"Gomawo." Ye Jin mouthed wordlessly as she turned to leave with her daughter.

Yet, Halabeoji stopped her before she could do so.