Anytime, Jenny

Here's a double upload for tonight. Enjoy.

*******

Ellie's POV

I watched as Alex left, her bag in hand, and got into my car, leaving for the game that was on for today. I wasn't playing because I had been experiencing some hamstring tightness for a few days, and Lance, our coach, didn't want to take any chances. After grabbing a bottle of water, I sat down on the sofa and turned the TV on. Funnily enough, a Miller Lite ad began to play, and what made it even more amusing was the fact that John was doing it. John Miller doing a Miller Lite ad - what a world we live in. The ad ended, and I was distracted by a knock on the door. Wondering who it was before answering, I got up and walked over to the front door. It was Jenny. "Jenny," I said, surprised. "What're you doing here?"

"I was in the area, and I wanted to talk," she replied, looking like something was eating away at her. I motioned for her to come in and closed the door behind her as she sat down on the sofa. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV off before sitting down next to her.

"What's up?" I asked, and she sighed, looking down at her hands.

"I got a new contract offer. They're offering me more money, more creative control, and a chance to be in the ring more," she said. I nodded, understanding what she was saying. "Why don't you take it? You love wrestling, and you're really good at it too."

"I know, but..." she trailed off. "I'm just...I'm just so tired of it, you know? So much backstage drama and politics, and all the other stuff that comes with the business. Right now, I want to go home and be with Dave and the kids. I want to put my family first." I put my arm around her and hugged her. "Jenny, I get it. You want to be with your family and put them first. And if that's what you want to do, then that's what you should do. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Just let your contract run out and go."

"Yeah," she said, looking relieved. "I just hate the whole Blue Bolt thing. I had the massive push, won the Women's Title, and then...I get buried. I don't know; it's just so...it's hard to explain. I think that someone who I have heat with backstage is behind it."

"I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case," I said. "It's just weird how they're punishing you for Brian's actions. He didn't even do anything wrong."

"Yeah, I know. It's just...it's just so frustrating. I mean, why couldn't I just keep the same push? Why do I have to job?" she said. I sighed. "I don't know, Jenny. Hey, maybe you could get a shot at the title again."

Jenny looked at me and grinned. "Speaking of that, next month's pay-per-view, Over the Limit, I think it's called. I may or may not be getting a shot for the title against whoever wins the belt on this coming Monday night. What do you think about that?"

"I think it's great!" I replied, happy to see her feeling excited.

"And also, I think that your team will win this year's NWSL championship," she added. I smiled. "That's the goal. We have a great team and a great coach. We just need to focus and grind it out, and maybe we can pull it off."

Jenny nodded, smiling. "You know, I'm really proud of you, sis. You've come a long way with your soccer career. Went to Stanford, then became an Olympic Gold Medalist, a World Cup Champion, NWSL Champion, and now you're getting close to that title again. Life has been good to you, and I'm proud of you for that. Who knew that out of all of the Taylor children, the youngest one breaks the tradition by doing something else instead of being a wrestler."

I smiled, "Yeah, I know. I'm proud of myself too. It's been a wild ride. I owe a lot to soccer, really. My friends, my teammates, and it even gave me Alex. I'm thankful for that."