Just win!

Hope you all are enjoying the story! 

I appreciate all the views and votes so far :)

******

"Okay girls, we're going with the same 4-3-3 formation today with a different twist to it," John tells us and he starts putting dots on the whiteboard, laying out the formation. "See how the midfielders are here? Well, they will be playing very defensively today. We want to keep the ball away from their strikers as much as possible. The two forwards will be playing very close together and the wingers will be playing more like strikers. We want to put as much pressure on their defenders as we can." John outlines the roles of each player and explains how we can use our formation to outwit Sky Blue. He also tells us that if we need to switch up the formation, we can do so at halftime. Then he started doing all of these lines over the formation, pretty much telling us ways we could utilize our setup.

"This one crosses here, she crosses over here. They have no idea where we are, who we are, where we're coming from or who we're passing to. We need to be unpredictable and keep them guessing. Alright, let's get out there and warm up!" All of us girls all got up and went out to the field, ready to put John's plan into action. We all knew that if we worked hard, followed his instructions and played together as a team, we could win this game. After warm ups, we went back to our locker room and John gave us a final pep talk before we headed out to the field.

"Let's show them what we're made of! This is our game and no one else's. Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." With that, we all cheered and headed out onto the field. We had a game plan, we had each other's backs, and we were ready to take on Sky Blue.

John was yelling from the sidelines, cheering and telling us to keep doing what we're doing and what we need to do. I looked over at Kelley who was in the zone, Kayla was too, same with our mids, wingers and forwards. Sky blue had the ball and was doing a high press on us, but Kayla stopped them by doing a hard tackle. We quickly got the ball back and started our attack. I ran up the left side while Kelley was pressing from the right. Alex was already at the box but Kelley couldn't get a good angle to pass it to her, so she crossed it over to me and I quickly passed the ball over to Alex, and she took a shot and scored. We all celebrated and it felt so good to finally get on the board. We kept playing hard until Alex got taken down hard, the whistle was blown and I ran over to her to make sure she was okay. "You good?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." She said, sitting up as I held out my hand to help her up. "Let's go, girls. We got this!"

We kept playing hard and kept the pressure on Sky Blue. They scored 2 goals on us but after halftime we responded with 3 goals of our own. In the end, we ended up winning the game, 4-2. We were so proud of ourselves and it was all thanks to John's plan and our hard work. We all felt so accomplished, knowing that we worked together as a team and were able to come away with the win. Now we were off to the NWSL finals, and we were all determined to win the Championship, not for us, but for John.

In the locker room, it was all smiles. Kelley was extremely happy since she got to stick it to her old team for the way she was treated, Kayla had a smile for the first time in a while too. John walked in when Madison, Olivia and Kayla walked up to him with grins, "We gotta talk to you," Madison said as she and Kayla grabbed his legs and Olivia held him up from under his shoulders as he had a big smile while laughing like the rest of us. They carried him into the showers and eventually he came out with his hair wet and a towel wrapped around his neck. He sat down and shook his head slightly, "We're going to the final." He said in disbelief. This season has been the best one of them all so far even though every past season we were always at the top of our game.

******

Jenny's POV

"Dave! The game is going to start in a minute." I called out to him and I could hear movement outside as he came barreling inside from the backyard.