Chapter 1

Can you tell that I'm more biased towards one in comparison to the other?

Aia cackles. "You really joined this school just to spite your brother??"

Lumine taps a stack of papers against the table to straighten them out. "Yup. Not a shocker to me really. We've always held opposing views."

The angelic maiden snorts one last time before placing her chin in her hand. "Well, don't you worry your pretty little head Lumi. We'll show him that the Institute of Infinite Mystics is superior."

"Do not fan the flames Aia," Uki mutters tiredly. "Our poor Ver already has a headache."

"Oh please, like this is anything new," she retorts. "Besides, he ain't even here right now. It's just us three in the room."

"And I was put here to watch your asses while XSOLEIL is out," Uki grumbles. "That just gives me a headache."

"Don't you also have to deal with their alters?" Lumine asks. "God, I feel so bad for all of you."

"I am so fucking happy I only have one and we get along," Aia says. "Oh my god, have you seen Ver and Cer? Fire and water, the both of them."

"Don't forget Luca and Lucy. The amount of times Luca has been to the nurse's office because of her is insane." Uki sighs heavily. "Guess that's what happens when both of you are supposed mafia bosses."

"Doesn't Ike have two alters?" the blonde asks. "Eki and Ivy."

"Ivy's a gem, would never hurt a fly," Aia coos. "Eki on the other hand is a menace and Ike and Eki are like Ver and Cer. Ike and Ver always, ALWAYS, deny the other's existence. On that note, I think a lot of us have two alters."

Uki nods. "Shu has four."

Lumine sighs as Aia shrieks in surprise at Shu's alter number. "Well, honestly, I'm grateful to be here. I don't think I could handle... whatever goes on at Teyvat University."

"I'm sure we can get even crazier, but Ver really just keeps mostly everything in check," Aia says. "Like, if it weren't for him, arson would be a common occurrence."

Uki laughs. "Listen, Ver is also an advocate for arson. Don't use that example."

"Aren't the Sicklings also an advocate for arson?? And don't the Villions have literal flames?" Aia inquires. "Shu too! And the Scarlings!"

"What is with you guys and arson?" Lumine asks, exasperated as she takes a seat.

Uki shrugs and the conversation ends there.

—-----------------------------------------------------

Aether pouts and sighs as he picks at his food in Teyvat University's cafeteria. "I don't understand why we couldn't just go to the same school."

Paimon, Aether's tiny, floating, most loyal friend, pats him on the shoulder. "Don't worry Aether! We'll just have to show her we joined the superior school!"

"Aren't we already the superior school?" Itto drawls. "I mean c'mon! We have the Arataki Gang! What do they have?"

Shinobu stares at Itto like he has two heads and sighs. "I don't know, maybe, literal demons?"

"I'm an oni!!" Itto retorts, pointing at his red horns.

"Are you or are you not at least 500 years old?" Shinobu deadpans.

"500?!" he splutters. "Should he even be in school?!"

"It's an institute, not a university. There's a difference," Aether replies. "Lumine told me they have a bit of a different curriculum curated for their students."