𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘸𝘰

"OF COURSE I WAS
SCARED."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Have I told you why and what happened after I moved here?"

"No you haven't. Do you want to tell me?"

"Yeah." Bomi said, crossing her legs as she covered herself in a blanket, letting the fabric drape over her back and falling over her chest while Jaemin kept his eyes on her. Waiting for her to start.

"Well I was fifteen almost sixteen, Hideko— Jiae was 15. This old woman took us in, she owned an apartment building so we rented one of them out. She cut our rent short and the thing is..we didn't even explain to her why we moved away..it's like she just knew.." Bomi started off, her eyes wandering off around the room.

Jaemin noticed how whenever she talked about herself, her eyes would always never meet his. His hands moved over to hers, gently gracing her skin as she glanced at him. Jaemin smiled once he met her eyes.

"We were both in school, but in order to pay rent only one of us could go back. Hideko went to school, the old woman took care of all the paper work and stuff while I started working. I would wake up from like five in the morning to get ready for work and come back until midnight." Bomi chuckled while speaking, realizing how crazy her work hours were after years later.

"I had three jobs. One morning, afternoon and night. They all specialized in cleaning..that's the funny part." Bomi said, her eyes peering away from Jaemin's and to his painted walls. "That's where I met you guys, while I was at work." she mumbled.

Jaemin could remember the exact day when he first walked into the small cafe, how his eyes scanned the miniature area before he saw Bomi cleaning behind the counters.

"Mark, Jeno, Renjun walked in first. My co-worker took their order and we were short staffed so when you, Haechan, Chenle and Jisung came in right after them..I took your orders." Bomi could recall the events as if it were yesterday.

"I remember Haechan staring so hard at me that day..I thought something was wrong with me." she said, causing them both to chuckle. "Turns out after you guys left, he stayed a bit and asked for number." Jaemin shook his head at the thought.

"I guess that's where you can say how everything between me and him happened.." Bomi muttered. "We dated for four years and at the end he was a total dick head. I was supposed to leave right after Hideko's graduation, but he told me I was being selfish and narcissistic because I was moving away.."

"I shared everything with him, how I felt, what I liked, disliked— and he still called me selfish despite everything so I broke up with him. During that time I only had two jobs and less hours, I was 19 and in between from when I was sixteen to then..I met Seojoon along the way."

"He encouraged me to go get my GED and finish school. A high school diploma is better than nothing so I did it. Reina, the Aki siblings and Hideko all congratulated me, even Seojoon. By then he was already 21 and debuted so he was being careful out in public, but he still supported me."

"He was actually the one with the crazy idea to say we should become a band. Like..who just randomly thinks of that?!" Bomk spoke in confusion as Jaemin laughed. "A smart guy." he said in response, watching her roll her eyes.

"I genuinely didn't think none of this would even happen because the main reason I moved was so my parents could understand that I am my own person. I didn't want to bring Hideko with me, but she already packed a bag and bought her own ticket."

"My parents always had high expectations for me, especially since we grew up wealthy. I hate it when i'm being called a narcissistic rich bitch by people who know well of what has happened in my life." Bomi spoke in a stern tone, her eyes following back to Jaemin.

This was the most he's ever kept quiet and she was glad he had his full attention on her instead of asking her questions after every sentence.

"I always had eyes on me since the day I was born. They all wanted me to inherit my dad's company so I can be just like him, but why would I want to inherit something from someone who doesn't even think of me as his own daughter?"

"He only had one path for me and my mother only blindly followed after him. He compared me to my own mother, saying I should be just like her because she was smart and always presented in a lady-like manner. He would always yell at me and my mom let it happen."

Bomi took a short breath.

"Sometimes he would even throw something at me just because I didn't clean right. I was scared- oh of course I was scared! I wasn't even seen as a person anymore, I was more like a doll living in that huge mansion with millions of dollars, living that stupid fantasy of life.." she mumbled, letting out a long sigh.

"Once he died, his will had my name written all over it. Why? Because everyone else wanted me
to follow under his footsteps. If anyone got hold of that money he left, it would've been a bloody scene. It was another reason I burnt it. People get money hungry once they get a taste of it."

"It was no wonder my dad had so much money." Bomi scoffed, feeling Jaemin's fingers trace circles on the back of her hand. "Money makes people greedy." she said, earning a nod from the boy in front of her.

"It does, but it shouldn't. I think burning it was the right thing to do, it shows who really just wanted the money because i'm sure if you took it then one way or another..you too would've been killed. And I know you probably know that, but really hearing it is scary." Jaemin said, squeezing her hand tight as she hummed.

"My mom would've inherited it and if she did, her greediness would show. After all, she was just waiting for dad to die to take the money." Bomi could only roll her eyes at the thought. "Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I stayed over there..but when I think about it, i'm glad I moved away. It would've gotten much worse."

"I'm glad your safe.." Jaemin mumbled, pulling her into a hug as she smiled. "Me too. That felt so nice..talking about it— surprisingly I didn't cry." Bomi said in confusion. Usually when she talked about the topic, her heart would race and the tears would fall nonstop, yet she didn't.

"That means you're slowly healing. It's a good sign."

"Thank you."

"Why are you thanking me..?"

"Because ever since I met you Jaemin, i've cried less."

.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆. .⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.