Chapter 10

I sat up quickly and grabbed the walkie talkie next to me.

"Sal?"

...

There was only shuffling in the background, I got up from bed and made my way out the door. I went as quietly as I could trying not to wake up mom or Larry. I sat on the couch and stared anxiously at the walkie talkie.

"Hello? You can still hear me right?"

"Yeah.. yeah I can hear you."

...

"I'm sorry. For what happened.. Y/n.. you and Larry didn't deserve to see that."

I felt my heart sink into my stomach when thoes words left his mouth.

"Sal.. you shouldn't have to apologize for your face-"

"But it's something that.. I hide because I don't want anyone to see."

I frowned to myself and sighed.

"Again, Sal. You shouldn't apologize for that. I promise you me and Larry don't think any less of you because of it."

"But you guys looked at me so.. normally, like if it was something you both saw everyday."

"Because there's nothing wrong with your face Sal, your face is completely fine."

...

"Sal..?"

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"It's just that, you guys just looked at me like if I was an everyday person you'd see. You didn't react to my face at all, I thought your guyses reactions would be all freaked out and grossed out... I guess that's why I kinda freaked out a little.."

I held the walkie talkie up close to my chest trying to make it as quiet as i could.

"Thats because we view you as normal, thoes scars on your face don't make us think any less of you at all, me and Larry are just happy that you're our friend. Despite you being insecure about your looks. We don't care about looks here, we're just happy you're our friend Sally Face."

After what I said there was just a long pause of silence, the only thing from keeping it a little awkward was the sealing fan making white noise.

"Y/n-"

As he said that I heard footsteps coming from my mom's room, I quickly put the walkie talkie up to my chest and put it closely to my mouth.

"Sal, my mom's awake so i gotta go now okay? I'll see you at school tomorrow."

...

"Okay Y/n, thank you.. Goodnight."

"Any time, sleep well Sally.

I turned off my walkie talkie and slumped in the couch.

"Y/n, what are you doing up so late?"

I looked up to see my mom look all sleepy, it made me feel a little bad for waking her up.

"Oh! I uhh emm.. I got hungry and was looking for a snack."

She looked at me then walked over to me. I stood up too.

"Okay dear, you have school tomorrow so make sure to go right to bed after this. Okay?"

I nodded and smiled at her. I gave her a hug and she hugged me back stroking my hair gently.

"Yes mom, goodnight." |