Chapter Six: Flashback

Start from the beginning

Ian looks heartbroken at his father's words and can't speak a word. "People of Witzend. Upon my death, my crown will pass to Prince Maverick." My family gasps in shock at the decision the King of Underland made. "Father, no. Please." Maverick stands up and tries to change his father's mind. "The betrothal between Prince Ian and Lady Andromeda will be no longer. The daughter of Lord and Lady Quintrell will now be betrothed to Prince Maverick. This should have been done years ago, due to the growing bond between my son and Lady Andromeda. My son, forgive me for not seeing the bond that you had with Lady Andromeda sooner." King Oleron smiled at Maverick. Maverick smiled widely and turned to look at me as I smiled and teared up happily. 

Ian looked between us and sneered, "But that's not fair! I'm the eldest! Lady Andromeda was, is, and will be mine!" King Oleron sternly looked at his eldest son, "You are unfit to rule, Ian! Lady Andromeda is not property! You are unfit to care emotionally for a woman like her! I'm afraid of your actions just a moment ago, you will treat Lady Meda the same. My decision stands." 

Ian looked between his family and glared at Maverick, "I hate you. I hate you all!" We looked in horror as Prince Ian's eyes grow with insanity, his pupils enlarging. Prince Ian walks away only to turn around and sneer at the Hightopps, "OH! And I shall never forget you, you sniggering Hightopps. I shall wreak a terrible revenge." 

Prince Ian walks away and Maverick stops him, "Brother."  Ian turns around and tears up, "Oh, don't 'brother' me! You started it! Once we found out that Lady Andromeda was betrothed to me, you started spending time with her, making her laugh, showing her affection. I didn't have time to sweep her off her feet. She fell in love with you! You took my queen!" Prince Ian then walked forward and whispered something to Maverick and Mave's face fell in despair. 

Prince Ian then turned around and ran off with his brother and mother following him. King Oleron stayed behind and walked up to us as everyone left the building, "Lord and Lady Quintrell. I'm sorry about the events today, but I am very concerned about Ian's possessive mind over your daughter. I wish her to be safe, but there is no way she will be when Ian knows she is here." My mother sniffles, "We agree, but where will she go?" King Oleron smiled sadly, "I have a potion that will make her younger, the Oraculum shows that a young boy named Alastor will make everything right in the future. I can turn her into a younger age and transport her to that family until it is time for her to come home and be with her betrothed." 

I frowned, "So I'm being sent away? Away from Maverick? Away from my parents? How long will it be until I can come back?" My parents smile sadly and they both kiss my forehead, "Don't worry dear. It will all be okay. We will always love you. Please don't forget us." I sob slightly and smile, hugging my parents, then looking to King Oleron, "Okay. Your majesty. I'm ready." The King smiles, "I should have known that you and my youngest son were meant for each other. I'm sorry for not seeing it sooner." He pours something into a glass and hands it out to me, silently telling me to drink. I look at my parents one last time and smile, then start to drink the potion. My vision goes blurry and it sounds like I'm going through a tunnel. "We love you, Andromeda. Please remember us." 

My vision goes black.

-Later-

I open my eyes to see myself on a doorstep and look around in confusion. The door opens and I hear a gasp, "Oh dear! Sweetie! How long have you been out here? Please come in!" The woman helps me stand up and brings me inside. "My name is Helen Kingsleigh. What is yours?" I stand there and think, "All I know is that my name is Andromeda. I can't remember my last name." 

Helen Kingsleigh smiles sadly, "Oh you poor dear. You must have hit your head and then abandoned. Where are your parents?" I blink, "I can not remember." Helen tears up and hugs me, "Charles! Get in here!" A man, I'm guessing Charles, comes running in, "What is it dear? Did something happen with Alastor?" Helen smiles and hugs me close, "This is Andromeda, she was abandoned on our doorstep and she can't remember her parents. Can we please adopt her until we can find her family?" 

I feel a note in my pocket and pull it out, handing it to Mr. Kingsleigh. "This is our daughter, Andromeda. Please keep her safe and part of your family. We can not take care of her anymore." Charles looks sad, "It's a pity that your parents had to do this, but we will keep you safe. Would you like to be part of our family? Be a Kingsleigh?" 

I teared up and smiled, feeling the love pour out of his words, "Yes, please. I promise to make you proud." Charles smiles and Helen hugs me close, "I have no doubt you will Meda." 

I smiled and hugged them both close, smiling as two boys come in, smiling. "Who is this?" The older one asks. Charles chuckled, "Marcus, Alastor. This is your new sister Andromeda. Her family placed her on our doorstep asking us to take care of her." Six-year-old Alastor grins, "Yes! A sister!" Alastor rushes over and hugs me as Marcus laughs and follows his lead. "We will always take care of our sister. Blood or not." 

I smiled, looking forward to the adventures that the Kingsleigh family and I have together.