𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝘄𝗶𝗺

Start from the beginning

alexa nodded her head in understanding, "i see. and.. what did you want to talk to me about since you took me away from my friends?"

niall shrugged his shoulders, "i just said that so you wouldn't be put in an awkward position with byron and emma."

alexa tilted her head quizzically, "so you led me out here just so that i wouldn't be in an awkward position with byron and emma?" she added, "and yet, you left cleo and rikki there in an awkward position."

at the mention of the sertori and chadwick's name, niall simply waved them off, "they can fend for themselves." which earned an eye roll from the rooney. now that the two were alone, niall asked the rooney, "do you think byron and emma would end up together any time soon?"

alexa lightly chuckled before she nodded her head in agreement, "definitely. there's something there between them that they have yet to discover."

"that means that you'll be seeing more of me then, speedy." niall bragged as he sent the rooney a charming smile.

"lucky me." alexa muttered.

before niall could say anything to the rooney, cleo and rikki made their presence known when they walked out of the juicenet cafe. when they noticed alexa and niall sat on the silver circled table conversing with one another, they made their way towards the two.

"we need to talk, lex." cleo told the rooney and rikki nodded her head in agreement to the sertori's words.

niall stood up from his seat, "i should go check on byron and see what's taking him so long. see you around, speedy." he sent the rooney a cheeky smile before he made his way inside the juicenet cafe.

alexa turned her attention to her two friends, "what do we need to talk about?"

"not here." rikki chimed in, "let's go for a walk and then we'll tell you what you missed, lex." 

👑

WHILST ALEXA WAS CHATTING TO NIALL OUTSIDE, CLEO AND RIKKI INFORMED ALEXA OF WHAT SHE HAD MISSED. after byron and emma chatted about the school swimming sports, emma walked off for some fresh air after telling byron that she can't help him win the 100 metres since it would put the mermaid secret at risk of being exposed.

shortly after emma left, lewis made his way over to cleo and rikki and asked for a hair sample from the two girls in order to continue his research on how the three girls became mermaids.

the request that the mccartney made rikki experience the feeling of anger towards lewis. the mermaid secret was a secret for a reason. and it was for the four girls to not be treated as science experiments but to continue living their lives as normal as possible even though they weren't ordinary girls.

alexa understood why rikki was feeling the way that she was. the chadwick just wanted to be treated like a normal person, not as someone who was there to provide anything that was requested of her. 

as for cleo, she had known lewis the longest out of the three girls. she believed that everything that lewis was doing was with good intentions as they needed to figure out how the three girls became a mermaid and how their transformation can be triggered at the contact of water.

alexa, on the other hand, was stuck in the middle. she understood that lewis was simply being a good friend by conducting experiments on her friends in order to figure out what was happening to her friends but at the same time, the experiments were beginning to anger rikki.