Ill King II

6 Months Later...
Janice tucks Joe into bed as his sickness has kept him weak and the blood transfusions made it worse.
Joe, "Janice, I'll understand if this is becoming too much for you. You were down to the last three semesters and had to stop school because of me. I'm not worth you not prospering."
Janice, "Joseph, I can gain it all, but it means nothing without my king." Janice kisses her husband's lips.
Janice, "Get some sleep babe. How about tomorrow I'll mix it up in the kitchen with steaks, potatoes, a few extra sides, my momma's famous Biscuits, and my famous brownies."
Joe weakly smiles.
Janice, "You will pull through. I know you will. You're so strong and have so much to offer with that huge heart of gold."
Joe, "Even though I can be a jealous handful at times?"
Janice, "Babe, it's okay to be jealous over what's yours, because I'm the same way. I don't want another woman breathing in your direction and giving you germs."
Joe laughs and slowly drifts off to sleep.

The next morning Janice receives her Instacart order and starts prepping and marinating the food she planned on cooking for Joe.
9:00 AM
Janice provides Joe with breakfast in bed. Joe, "I would have come into the kitchen."
Janice, "It's okay. I want to be a service to you."
Janice opens her robe revealing her lingerie.
Janice, "Does this help?"
Joe's eyes lit up like a kid in the candy store, shaking his head yes.
Joe, "You mean you still find me attractive?"
Janice, "Absolutely. I've never seen a man; anyone carries a sickness so damn well. You look amazing."
Joe blushes and hides his face.
Janice, "Awwwee I got my big baby to blush. I'm serious. You look, great babe. Just keep fighting. I got the food marinating and---
Janice gets a call.

Janice, "Hello?"
Dylan, "Hello Janice. This is Dylan McAvoy from McAvoy's Agricultural & Law. We really want you on board as our lead accountant. The offer still stands. We'll even throw in an extra 5% of stock for you."
Janice walks out of the room, "Listen, Mr. McAvoy, the offer is great, but no thank you." Unaware that Joe was behind her.
Dylan, "Actually, I did call to offer you the position, but I also wanted to ask you out on a date. Listen, I heard about your sick athlete husband. He could kick the bucket anytime soon and I know you're not getting the sexual attention you need."
Joe snatches the phone, "Listen, you sick pervert expect a lawsuit on your damn desk, and sick or not, I'll beat you the hell up! I'm all the man she'll ever need. And despite what you and the world may think I'm going to beat this then I'll beat your ass like a drum. You got it?!"
Janice hypes Joe up, "Yeah bitch you heard what he said. Forget you and your company...
Both, "BITTTCCCCHHHH!"
Joe hangs up.
Janice, "Yeah baby you told his ass!"
Joe and Janice laugh for a bit and watch their morning shows snuggled together.

The couple has lunch at 12:00 PM and Joe takes his medication.
Joe, "12 pills, aggggh!"
Janice, "Soon you'll be down to 8 then 4 then only 2 a day and this cancer will go away. Ayyyyeee!" Janice does a dance making Joe laugh.
Joe, "Love your confidence."
Janice, "That's my faith truly believing that this is going to be a part of your testimony and you're practicing what you preach. You're in the big fight and never to give up, no matter how often you fall, to get right back up."
Janice wipes Joe's tear before it falls.
Janice, "And it's time to make dinner."

Janice and Joe conversate as she places the marinated food on the countertop.
Janice, "Now, we still have to season this steak. So, you're going to tell me all what to season it with, without looking in the pantry."
Joe, "Well I can cook steak so I got this."
Janice, "Okay sir. The menu is steak, potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, colorful stuffed bell peppers, double chocolate cake, and my homemade brownies. I made the brownies this morning and hid them from you."
Joe, "That's not fair."
Making dinner was fun and Janice was so happy to see Joe smiling instead of sad or looking so defeated.

After dinner Joe and Janice shower. For the past four months, Joe and Janice haven't showered together, been intimate, or made love. Joe fears he won't be able to please his wife, and she'll think less of him if he gets tired or gets sick while having sex because his body starts shutting down.