Drunk!Felix x Secretary!Reader: That Was Close! 🍺🚙

Working as a secretary to the company Bon's Burgers was a hefty task, but you didn't mind if it was worth the pay. At least it was enough for you to save for a better life outside Brighton, Michigan. Although the Bon's Burgers establishment was not opened yet, it was jam-packed with all the paperwork to be viewed and signed for the opening. You recently got this job because, from what you heard, the previous secretary was exhausted by the demands of the co-founders, specifically Felix Kranken. As you were unsure about this, you did not hesitate to take this job. May 2, 1974, marked a week from when you began. You had to fax some documents to Felix Kranken, but your fax machine malfunctioned.

"NOO!! Stupid machine keeps jamming!!" You groaned while banging on the machine. "I guess I'll have to hand these in person."

It was noon, and you got in your car to drive to Felix's office. You swiftly parked and grabbed the Manila folder. You entered the empty building and made your way to your boss's office room. You knocked on the wooden door.

"Come in." You heard a response from the other side of the door. "Oh, it's you."

"Good Afternoon, Mr. Kranken. I apologize for interrupting you, but my fax machine broke down. Therefore, I have to give these to you." You handed him the folder with a good amount of papers.

"Great! More paperwork." Felix sarcastically cheered. "Gosh, I can never take a break!"

"I'm sorry, sir." You felt awful for him.

You were aware that Felix tends to be overwhelmed most of the time, and it makes you feel sorry for him.

RRRING RING!!!

"What is it now?!" Felix picks up the phone on his desk.

"Hello?" Felix answered.

It was Jack Walten, the other co-founder of Bon' Burgers. Your interactions with him were friendly. However, he would constantly complain about Felix's drinking habits. You still don't get how Felix does not get humiliated when Jack calls him out for drinking on the job. You decided not to hear the conversation because it was probably confidential for the company.

"Heh, it's nothing...Got it!" Felix then hung up the phone.

"Let me guess, was it Jack Walten?" You were intrigued.

"Yep, he asked me if I could take his kids to the school spring dance at five."

"Felix, you shouldn't be doing too much! You still haven't filled out half of the papers you have left!" You were concerned.

"It's fine, Mr./Ms./Mx./ (L/N). I'll get them done tomorrow, then." He tried to give you a comforting smile, but his eyes were droopy.

"Felix, I can't let you postpone these documents!"

"I said it's fine!"

"No, it's not!" You grabbed a pen from your breast pocket and began to fill out the paperwork. Felix just stood there glaring at you. "So? Aren't you going to help me help you?"

Felix sighed out of tiredness and annoyance. You were always on his case, and it would sometimes tick him off. However, he's never tried to talk back at you. He was obedient to your demands to ensure he got things done. Although you felt terrible for Felix, under Jack's orders, you had to make sure he was focused and not drinking. Fortunately, you two managed to finish everything. All within an hour before 5 o'clock.

"It's almost time! We should go now!" Felix exclaimed.

"You want me to go?" You asked.

"No, I wouldn't want to waste your humble time." Felix sarcastically said