7

Lilly POV

I sat on the couch in front of the fireplace. After my little episode Toby wouldn't leave my side. I tried to tell him I was okay but he was persistent. Colson sat down by my feet, looking through his phone, Toby sat across from me.

"You hungry"? Toby asked.

I shook my head.

"Thirsty"? He added.

I shook my head. I didn't want anything, I was cozy and fine where I was. When Toby got up Colson grabbed my legs and put them on his lap, then covered them with the blanket. He started to rub my feet and I was in heaven.

"All I found was some canned soup. I'll put it on the stove". Toby smiled as he walked back into the kitchen.

"You okay"? Colson whispered.

I turned to him and gave him a smile. I was fine, I felt better. "Yes".

When Toby walked in he handed me a bowl and I sighed. "I said I wasn't hungry, now this is just a waste".

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well once Ned comes home he's going to wonder what happened. At least I can say I fed you". He grumbled and sat down on the recliner.

"Who is in room 2319"? I asked changing the subject.

Colson shrugged his shoulders. He wouldn't know, he doesn't live here.

"Rosey Traill. She's maybe 72"? Toby sighed. "Why"?

"She was the exposure alert. That's why the alarms went off". After Ned walked in and slammed the door we got quiet.

"What happened"? Toby asked, causing Colson to take my legs off of him.

"There were four more deaths in this apartment complex. People are dying from this and everyone who doesn't have it could care less. Miss Rosey was one of the ones who died and someone is already moving in. Nobody disinfected the apartment yet. It's only going to lead to another death and Mitch doesnt care at all". Ned spoke and sat next to me.

"Why are you wet"? He asked.

Toby started to talk but I stopped him. "Oh Toby and I had a fight. We sprayed water on eachother". I lied.

Ned turned to Toby and sighed. "Why can't you two leave eachother alone."  He groaned.

I got up and moved so he could lay down. I grabbed the non wet blanket and covered him up.

"How was your day"? He asked me.

I paused. I needed to keep the lie going.

"Oh fine. I read my book, had some tea". I smiled.

"Well, I need some sleep. Can you guys keep the fighting to the minimum"? He asked and I kissed his forehead.

I was pulled by the arm around the corner to Toby and Colson.

"Why didn't you tell him? Were supposed to keep track of the panic attacks". He said and lightly pushed me.

"I didn't tell him because he came in stressed. Why add on to it"? I whispered.

"I don't care. You need to tell him. I marked it for 7 minutes. Anymore then that you need to buy the new medication".

"I'm not buying eighty dollars worth of medicine every month, we barely have a cent as it is". I spoke and walked into my room, they followed.

"I have savings. I'll buy the first three months, you can cover the rest working down at the dock or something downtown". He spoke.

Colson paced the floor as he scratches his neck.