Chapter 4 - The Journey

Mulai dari awal

'Wha - of course they don't!' said Wren indignantly. 'What kind of tree turns into a dragon?'

To which Jake patted one of the wings of the creature. 'This kind of tree?'

 'Alright, clamber up, kids,' Tanner said cheerfully, shifting himself on the creature's back.'

'We're not kids,' Jake said, dignified. 'We're matured, young adults. Especially me.'

Tanner let out a snort. 'Hmph. As if.'

They took off into the deep, velvety blue sky. The stars shimmered, dancing and twinkling, emerging from darkness as they soared higher. The moon casted a silvery glow across the landscape below, adding to the dreamlike quality of the scene. Calmness relived over them.

The journey took around a half hour or so. There was a slight breeze as the crack of dawn started lighting up the sky. The sky was the colour of iridescent yellow, orange, a tint of red and several hues of light blue. Wren couldn't help but feel excited on this huge journey. Scared, but excited. It felt like her entire future was a blank, open notebook, and she couldn't wait to fill it up.

And she had a sister. She was impatient to know how she looked like - all that was on her mind was that she still had family. Of course - Uncle Hunter was family - but this was different. The feeling was in words she couldn't explain. Was she like her? Did she have the same colour of hair, and unbalanced colour of eyes just like her? Wren kept chattering on and on about her sister.

'What's her name? How old is she? Is she like me? Does she have the same eyes as I do?'

'Nah,' Ladislaya said. 'She has amber eyes. But she has the same auburn hair as you. She's seventeen, and her name's Odyssey.'

'Odyssey,' Wren repeated.

It was a good name for a queen.

'What happened to your eyes though?' Jake asked promptly.

'No idea,' Wren said. 'It's been like that ever since I was born.'

They sailed in the air for about an hour, until Wren looked afar and finally caught sight of a huge, towering silhouette of a castle not far away. It was on a patch of land, connecting to the shore.

'I think I see it!' she cried aloud. 'Is that the palace?'

Tanner stood up, squinting. 'The Grand Palace of Argonian, yes.' Jake and Ladislaya peered as they sailed. 'We're reaching,' Ladislaya called. 'It's not far off.'

After around twenty more minutes, they arrived. The Palace was taller and wider than what Wren had seen from feet away. It stood grand and imposing against the horizon. Dawn created a warm, magical glow upon the Palace, making it seem ethereal.

'Welcome back home,' Jake said, grinning at her. Gold traces of dust swirled around Wren's feet, making little twinkle sounds. Gold butterflies and threads appeared out of nowhere, made of the golden dust.

'What's happening?' Wren asked, bemused.

'Magic dust,' Tanner said. 'The land recognises you. You're blood of the royal family, how could it not?'

With Tanner in the lead, Jake, Ladislaya and Wren walked towards the palace. It was beautiful, made out of solid stone, with tall towers towering over them. Wren had to tilt her head up to get the full magnificent height of the palace.

As they walked towards the palace, two guards were standing by the entrance, wearing silver armour and staring unblinkingly into mid-air. One was fat and stubby, and the other was thin. Tanner cleared his throat.