SPARKLES OUTBURST

Start from the beginning

After checking out myself in the full-length mirror once more, I stepped out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind me.

I passed by several rooms, and two staircases leading up before I got to the dining room. All the doors had a label placed above the door just like I was used to, back at home.

A feeling of nostalgia washed over me, but I quickly shoved it back as I remembered the reason I left.

“They'll love you," I mumbled, assuring myself. I took in a deep breath to calm my raging nerve, then let it out slowly before nudging the door open.

I stepped into the cool, yet inviting, room. My heart skipped a beat as my gaze travelled around the room.

Seven pairs of cerulean eyes bored into mine. Suddenly, the floor became interesting to me as I clasped my hands behind my back. I fidgeted, and I fingered the dress I donned. I had never been this nervous because I never had a reason to stand in front of my self-proclaimed fiance's family.

Funny enough, they didn't frighten me as supernatural beings should, but rather as humans which was weird.

Someone let out a slight cough, and I lifted my head a bit to peek through my lashes at them.

“Come on, don't be a stranger, and quit standing there as if we are predators to you!” Ellen's eyes twinkled as she beckoned to me.

“Okay, maybe we are predators, but we are not going to eat you.” She pointed out.

Aiden nodded, standing from the chair he sat on. I walked to where he was and then sat on the vacant chair next to him.

I blushed when one of his large hands cupped mine, my heart whacked in an unsteady rhythm, and the butterflies in my stomach collided with one another as he squeezed it. I understood what he was doing and he must have noticed how nervous I was to offer me this support.

“I promise we don't bite. You don't need to look at us as if you have seen a ghost.” He whispered into my ear.

My heart melted at the huskiness of his voice and I felt my skin flush as I imagined the different things his lips could do to mine.

“I don't look like that,” I mumbled, attempting to let down my hair discreetly to cover the redness of my cheeks. However, there was no way they wouldn't realize it since their eyes were on me.

“You do.” He swatted my prying hands and whispered, “You look gorgeous this way and I like how cute you are when you blush. Also, you will make me imagine you on my bed if you let it down.” He finished with a wink.

I nudged his hard chest, sending him a dirty look. “Don't be gros..”

A voice interrupted me as I was about to retort. He had blond hair and azure eyes which were lighter than Aiden's. Despite the difference, you could tell they were related. He wrinkled his button nose and fake gagged. My gaze roamed around the table to see they were all staring at me.

This time, it wasn't only my cheek that reddened; it was all part of my body.

“I'm sorry I interrupted your love session.” He grimaced again. 

I rolled my eyes at his assumptions, and I believed that was what they were all thinking.

“I'm Kellen, but please if you need a room for private matters, we have more than enough. I just want to eat my food in peace, and not throw up.” He said with a grin.

My eyes went wide as I began to think of what to say until Aiden chuckled, and the rest joined in the amusement. Only then did I understand he was joking.

Fated-Alpha's Second Chance mateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara