eleven

riley cautiously stepped into the chateau "john b! i'm home" she called out knowing that he wanted to talk to her.

john b came out of his room "hey ry" he nodded tossing her the boat keys "let's talk on the water yeah?"

"i get to drive?" she asked knowing that john b never let anyone drive his boat "is this a trick?"

"nah" he laughed "one of your birthday gifts".

the two went out to the boat, riley drove over the crashing waves. she knew that john b promised not to yell at her but if she could hear even the slightest disappointment in his voice; she knew she'd break down.

they parked in the marsh and threw the anchor down before sitting and facing one another "first, i want to hear it from you" he began "when did it start with jj, i know it wasn't last night, he's been acting weird for weeks".

riley cleared her throat "like a week or two ago, he started getting jealous over me dipping on you guys to go see rafe" she explained "the night kie found out about you and sarah is when he kissed me for the first time... when he came into my room".

"i knew he was gonna act on it" he mumbled to himself.

"what?" riley asked.

"uh... a little while before he made a move on you he got really drunk and told me he had feelings for you, i kinda already had a feeling since he'd been making eyes at you for like a year" john b shrugged.

"he had?! i hadn't noticed" riley laughed slightly.

"i did, anyways when he told me he liked you i told him he couldn't do anything while you were dating rafe... i don't really like the dude but i know you're happy with him"

"was" riley corrected "he just broke up with me".

john b wrapped his arm around riley "i'm sorry kid" he said sadly "i didn't even think you liked jj i just figured you were trying to piss me off whenever you'd flirt with him"

"i just don't want you and jj to be on bad terms because of me" she sighed.

"ry i'm not mad about you two kissing, i'm mad that he got involved in your relationship" he explained.
"besides, i'm gonna call jj after this and make up with him".

"i should've known" riley smirked "you guys are like in love or something".

john b laughed "can't keep us apart" he shrugged "but seriously, are you ok ry?"

"i will be" she nodded "i mean i'm sad but i just need to be on my own for a while"

"that's probably for the best" he agreed hugging her tightly.

after their heart to heart, john b dropped riley off at the wreck to go see kie before she had to head to work. she knew she didn't wanna be home when john b hashed shit out with jj.

——————authors notes: that caption is supposed to say here not her but i'm leaving it bc it just adds to the vibe, or that's what i'm telling myself bc i'm wine drunk writing these chapters rn lol

——————
authors notes:
that caption is supposed to say here not her but i'm leaving it bc it just adds to the vibe, or that's what i'm telling myself bc i'm wine drunk writing these chapters rn lol.