E L E V E N

After the particularly heated incident with the Queen, Rhaenyra had decided that it was best for her family to take a small trip to Driftmark where tempers could be cooled

After the particularly heated incident with the Queen, Rhaenyra had decided that it was best for her family to take a small trip to Driftmark where tempers could be cooled. Rhaenys and Corlys welcomed them with open arms, as well as Daemon and Laena with their children who had retreated to Driftmark shortly after Rhaena's birth nearly ten years ago. 

Prince Qoren hadn't appreciated Alicent's attempts at punishing his daughter and quickly finished his business, choosing to return to Dorne shortly after Rhaenyra and her children departed Kings Landing for their month long stay at Driftmark. Harwin had been chosen to personally protect the Royal Family on their trip along with Ser Erryk Cargyll and Ser Harrold Westerling, who had volunteered themselves. 

Elaena and Aliandra had said their goodbyes at the docks, with Elaena being as stoic as she possibly could in order to avoid raising any suspicions about their closeness. Aliandra didn't seem to have a care in the world however, throwing her arms around Elaena's neck and holding her as tightly as she could. 

"Please come visit Dorne next, I want to show you my home." She whispered.

"Our home." Qyle reminded her, gently pulling her away by her arm before gently taking Elaena's hand and pressing a soft kiss to it. "I eagerly await our next meeting, my beautiful betrothed. Our time together has been short, but I'm confident our marriage will be a loving and happy one."

"Come, Elaena." Laenor quickly walked off the ship and grabbed her shoulders, steering her away from the prince who watched with an amused expression on his face. "It's a three day trip and I would like to get there before you reach your next nameday."

"That's in six moons!" She complained, dragging her feet until Laenor sighed in frustration and took her in his arms.

"You can finish your complaining when that unworthy boy is out of my sight." He grumbled, marching to the stern of the boat before setting her on her feet. "Jace, Luke, let's go!"

The boys raced to their father, gently pushing and shoving each other so that one of them could win. After Jace beat Luke to their imaginary finish line, he clutched Laenor's leg and began to cry.

"He cheated!" He wailed, his chubby cheeks turning redder with each breath.

"I did not! He's just too slow," Jace rolled his eyes but patted his head to comfort him after Laenor shot him a stern look. "Sorry." 

Elaena looked up at her father, who seemed to be regretting agreeing to a three day trip on a small ship with three children who seem to bicker more than anything. He rubbed his face roughly before taking Luke in his arms and down to his cabin before he threw up from seasickness and his intense crying. 

"I'll be back," He called out. "Don't fight!" He added, looking over his shoulder at them one lasrt time before heading down the stairs into the belly of the ship. 

Rhaenyra watched with a bemused expression from the docks before turning back to her father, who looked proud of his son-in-law for being such a present father.