2̸̳̖̇͋.̸̨̮͗ ̷̟̓Ṙ̴̢͎e̶͇̦͆͑u̸̻̣̓͠n̷̥̠̾i̶͔̓̃͜ő̵̬̝́ṇ̷͗

Start from the beginning

"The contest hall? Sounds like a Coordinator is looking for help." Ash thought aloud.

"I'm still not entirely sure what anyone could be coming to the Doctor for help with but I guess only time will tell... Hopefully we can find them quickly and be on our way once again." Will said hopefully.

Come all this way, and you already want to leave? We are at least trying something here before you go back.

"Fine." Will mumbled.

"What was that?" Ash asked, not hearing the young man.

"Oh- nothing. Just thinking aloud..." Will explained quickly.

"Alright, well let's head on towards it!" Ash cheered, him and Pikachu leading the way towards the Contest Hall.

Will ran to catch up to them. "You do have some sense of direction huh." He remarked.

"Yeah, When I traveled in Hoenn one of my friends competed in Contests, it won't be my first time here." He continued.

"Huh, how about that." Will mumbled. They ran on a bit longer before Will stopped glancing at a sign. "...Ketchum." He said simply, getting both Ash and Pikachu to stop and look behind them.

"The sign says it's back the other direction..." Will mumbled annoyed.

"Oh, whoops." Ash said with an embarrassed grin. "It has been a while since I've been here I suppose..." He said apologetically.

Will sighed. "It's fine. Let's just get back on track." He said, starting to head the other direction.

"Hey Will?" Ash asked casually as they moved on.

"Yes Ketchum?" He replied.

"You think we can get a bite to eat before we go back to Kalos?" He asked hopefully.

Hm, maybe the kid isn't so bad after all. His priorities are admirable.

Will sighed. "Yeah, I guess I should probably take advantage of being out of Kalos huh. Take in the scenery." He said in agreement.

Ash and Pikachu cheered. "Is this your first time away from Kalos then?" Ash asked curiously.

"...I went to get you... From Kanto..." Will said, confused by the comment.

"I meant other than that Will." Ash said in his defense, as if it was obvious.

"Well, then yes. I never got to travel much, I- I really wanted to be a trainer when I was younger y'know? Travel the world and battle trainer after trainer. Seems that chance has passed me by however. When I was your age, well, you'd be living out my dream right now." Will explained to the boy, sounding a little disappointed.

"You could still be a trainer y'know, it's never too late to be one!" Ash said with encouragement.

"Perhaps. As is said, I'm- not quite sure what my future holds for me still. Something in me gets the feeling traveling will be part of it.

Wonder what you could ever be referring to...

But, as for what I'm to do?" He sighed a little. "Maybe when the time comes I'll try your method of just seeing where the path takes me. For now, you can live my dream instead." He said, keeping his head high once more.