Eight

"Are you going to tell your dad?" Asks Jesse, breaking the wall of silence between us that has been going on for the past five minutes after I told him I would let him meet my mom.

"I want to." I say as more of a question than an answer. "Maybe I'll do it right now." I decide, I can tell Jesse doesn't think it's a good idea, but he doesn't interject as I pull up my dad's contact and hesitantly click the phone button.

"Dr. Mitchel, how can I help you?" My dad's voice make me hesitate even more to tell him the news.

"Hey dad, it's me."

"Oh, hi Beca, are you okay?" My dad asks. I don't take offence to his asking, seeing that I usually only call him when I need a ride home.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine. I just- I think you should know something." I explain, and I can imagine his eyebrows knit together as he tries to guess what I'm about to tell him. "I would just feel guilty if I didn't tell you soon."

"Okay, what's up?"

"I think I'm going to let Jesse meet mom, not Sheila, but mom." Silence fills the other line as I wait for my dad's reaction. I can picture him on the sofa or sitting in a chair, in front of a table, with his palm pressing against his forehead, thinking of how to respond to a very sudden announcement.

"Oh?" Is all he can think of saying.

"Yeah."

"Well, I can't stop you, Beca. You're you, you're stubborn," He chuckles at himself. "but you're also an adult, and I can't hold you back from letting your boyfriend that you've known for years- meet his girlfriend's mother. And I think he deserves to know who she is. Don't you think?"

"Yeah, absolutely." I look over to Jesse, who has a worried expression on his face, but keeps his eyes on the road. He really does deserve it. He was willing to drive across the country with me, to visit a friend that I missed, spend the night, then drive back the next morning. He could do a thousand times better than me, but he sticks with me. The least I could do is let him meet my mother, though we have our problems.

"Okay, kiddo, I'll see you when you get home. Love you."

"Love you too, dad, see you then." And with that, he hangs up.

"How'd it go?" Jesse asks after I catch my breath because of the phone call. It scared me. It scared me that my dad could possibly not want me to see her.

"How does next weekend sound?" I ask, which caught him by surprise.

"Next weekend sounds great." And I smile, I love how he can make me smile. He reaches for my hand and places our connected hands on my thigh. "Love youuu." He sings songs.

"Love you."

A/N:

Okay, I think my computer is possessed because it deleted my authors note and now it's not working, so I don't have the bold font! But also, HOLY SHAMBOO! Over 500 views! Well, like five hundreds and seventy something. Okay? Okay. Comment about the gif tbh idc. Think of a ship name for every couple (even Cynthia rose and Stacie lol) and I will dedicate a chapter to ship names and I will give credit to the first people to name the winning ship name.