28| Night To Remember

************

************

Chan had a special date night planned for him and Minho. And perfect timing too since the Bang family weren't going to be there for the day. Mr. Bang and Mrs. Bang went to visit Chan's uncle and aunt while Hannah went to stay over at a friend's house for the night and Lucas went on a school field trip for the weekend.

"Hyung, where are we going?" Minho asked.

"You'll see," Chan whispered.

Currently, he had his hands covering Minho's eyes as he carefully guided the younger into the garden behind the house. He wanted to surprise him with something rare and beautiful to see. So he set up fairy lights to light the way. Got Felix to make them dinner and dessert. Set out a blanket and took or more like stole his mother's best bottle of wine.

"Can I open my eyes yet?"

"Not yet."

"Hyung, I'm going to fall," Minho complained but also laughed slightly.

"I won't ever let that happen," Chan promised. He guided Minho a few more steps before stopping and dropping his hands. Minho's eyes were still closed as Chan whispered, "You can open them now."

Minho blinked his eyes open and glanced around. He looked at everything Chan had prepared for them with wonder and also a little confusion.

"Do you like it?" Chan asked.

Minho hesitantly nodded.

"I do, but what's with the sudden surprise?"

Chan grinned as he hugged Minho from behind. He rested his chin against the younger's shoulder as he brought one hand up and pointed to the night sky. The shimmering stars and the glowing crescent moon. It was a beautiful thing to see.

"There's supposed to be a meteor shower happening tonight. I wanted us to watch it together," Chan explained. "So we can make a wish together."

Minho's body relaxed against Chan's and he leaned his head back on the older's shoulder. He softly smiled. He couldn't believe this was his life now. Chan was his life now. Someone so loving, caring, and thoughtful. He really was keeping his promise of showing Minho the upside of life.

"A good surprise?" Chan asked.

"You're unrealistically romantic hyung," Minho commented. "But I like it a lot. Thank you."

"I can be even more unrealistically romantic as long as you like it," Chan said and kissed Minho's cheek. "Let's sit down. It's supposed to happen in an hour's time."

Minho nodded.

They sat down on the blanket Chan laid out for them. Chan ran back into the house to get the food Felix had made for them and two glasses for the bottle of wine. He came back and sat down beside Minho as he dished everything up and poured the wine.