Post Sledding Scene

Začať od začiatku

I have seen Francesca in so many different outfits ranging from just leggings and a sports bra to her sick day pajamas. I have seen her in my stuff plenty of times before too, she has been wearing my stuff to games for weeks. Yet looking at her now I feel like this will easily go down in the history books as my favorite outfit she's ever worn or will ever wear. I may have to take her sledding more often if it means moments like this.

"I like the snow, a little. I still don't like to walk to class in it but anytime you need a sledding buddy, you have my number."

I can't help the cocky grin that spreads across my face knowing she had fun today. "Looks like you are a little bit of a Michigan girl after all, Beck."

"Well this Michigan girl is hungry, can we get dinner?"

"Yeah definitely, I know a place where no one will find us."

Yay," she cheers as I begin to drive and she grabs the aux like this is her car.

I don't recognize the song when it comes on but I know it's Taylor Swift because that is the only thing Francesca ever listens to. I don't say anything though because honestly I like her music and mostly because it makes Francesca so fucking happy.

When we get to the diner about 20 minutes from school Francesca has to hold up my pants to keep them on her. I laugh as I warp my arm around her to keep her from slipping on the ice.

"You have a big ass," she teases once we sit down, on the same side again because apparently I was finally owed some good karma in life.

"I know, Bray tells me all the time."

"Bray has questionable taste."

"Eh, yeah but he is my best friend so I have to pretend to be nice sometimes."

"Parker has questionable taste too, so I get it."

I almost suggest we hook them up but I keep that to myself because if I said it out loud they might hear me from multiple towns over and after a month or so of the prank war all I have learned is they both terrify me. Luna threatens to burn my things but they are psychotic enough combined to legit do it.

Dinner is relaxing and over the two hours we spend in the diner eating way more food than two college athletes should be eating, I learn a lot of things.

The first thing I learn is that Francesca loves dipping her fires in her milkshake. To be fair I did try it and I saw the appeal.

Second, Francesca keeps a list of rides I give her and things I pay for so one day she can pay me back.

Next I learned her phone password. It is 1989, I know I was about as unsurprised as anyone else. I used that to delete her stupid list of money she thinks she owes me. If she had any idea how meaningless money was to me and how valuable her friendship was.

After that I learned that she swears she has no intention of giving me my outfit back because it is just so comfy and amazing.

At the same time I learned I never wanted her to give it back. I want her closet to be filled with my stuff and I want her to walk around with my name on her back and I never want to see her wearing someone else's clothes.

And lastly, I learned her laugh is my favorite sound.

For so many years it was the goal horn, especially after one of my own goals. The deafening noise that silenced all the noise around me was a sound I have always craved. Today with every lame joke I tried and stupid wink I gave the sweet sound of her laugh climbed its way to the top until I couldn't even remember what a goal horn sounded like anymore.