Chapter 25

"Are you coming to the bar to watch the game?"

"I have to do a few things but yeah I am coming later."

"Oh, what?"

"He is waiting for Beck," Bray tells Stan from across the locker room.

"Is she not going with her friends?"

"No she is a TA so she is hosting a review right now. I am going to wait for her so she doesn't have to walk alone in the dark."

"Because he is whipped, Stan."

I ignore Bray and continue to get dressed. He thinks I am whipped just for waiting for her so I won't even dare mention that I am going to Panera downtown to pick her up soup before we head to the bar to hang out with everyone. But then again Bray is also the guy freshman year that carried me to the locker room on his back because I twisted my ankle so he can't talk. When it comes to being a good best friend he has set the bar high.

"Well bye Ryder, see you and Fran later."

"You mean Fryder," someone across the locker room pipes in.

"Yeah Fryder," Stan laughs. "Well, see you then."

Slowly my team leaves but I am in no rush since Francesca's review doesn't end for another 45 minutes. Coach walks into the locker room and sits down on the bench next to where I am organizing my locker.

"Did those guys have a good time?"

"The twins? Yeah they did, thank you again Coach."

"Kid if things are important to my players they're important to me. You have never asked me for anything ever since the day you started here so I knew this had to be pretty important. I am glad it went well."

Coach pats me on the back after giving my locker a once over before disappearing to somewhere within the arena. When I first started here everyone said that they were pretty sure Coach lived here because they never saw him leave.

Once my locker is semi organized and I have a bag full of dirty clothes I have been meaning to take home slug over my shoulder, I finally head to my car. I throw the dirty bag in the trunk and then drive over to Panera. There is no one there so I walk in, quickly order a to-go bowl of chicken noodle, and get back in my car.

I only know where Francesca's review is tonight because I stalked the math department's website. I am sure Francesca will bully me about being a stalker but it's fine because I know despite her teasing she appreciates this stuff.

Her review is not over yet so I slip in and take a seat in the back row. Francesca notices me right away and I don't miss the small smile she tries to hide behind her hands. People turn to find the source of her new found happiness and begin to whisper when they see me sitting in the back with my feet up on the table.