The calmness of the night, the warm breeze, the whole city seemingly more alive and… happier. Like the people aren’t ready to go to sleep yet, staying up to do things like having long and deep conversations on their balconies with a few bottles of cheap beer and peanuts that are way too salty.

Not that Lisa and her did that yesterday night.

“We’re going to the lookout again?” Y/n asks once she realizes which road Sana is taking.

“Yeah. Is that okay?”

Y/n gives her a smile. “Yeah, sure.” It’s been a while since they last came here, even though it feels like it was only yesterday.

Sana grabs her backpack from the backseat after parking the car and she hesitatingly reaches her hand out for Y/n to take. It hurts a bit that Sana still thinks Y/n will reject her, but she guesses that’s mostly her own fault.

Y/n grabs her hand and laces their fingers together tightly, standing close enough to Sana for their arms to press together.

And Sana just looks so happy, hiding her smile by looking at the ground and the sight makes Y/n’s heart swell in her chest achingly slow.

The lookout isn’t empty like it was last time; there are a few couples and groups of people sitting on picnic blankets on the grass, listening to music, drinking, kissing.

Y/n stumbles when she sees three girls sitting together, all of them subtly feeling each other up, and she nearly does a face plant in the ground if it weren’t for Sana who quickly catches her by her arm.

“Didn’t know you were into voyeurism.” Sana snickers at the blush high on Y/n’s cheeks.

“Shut up.” Y/n stutters, clearing her throat as she averts her eyes far away from anything that’s going on around them. Sana looks way too amused, the stupid smile on her face not even fading when Y/n elbows her in her ribs.

Sana pulls her to the very front of the lookout, right in front of the immediate drop behind the small guardrail where there are no people.

It’s almost the same spot they sat in last time and when Y/n tells Sana as much, the younger nods her head and says “The cherry tree still hasn’t grown.”

Y/n laughs at that and helps Sana spread the blanket on the ground. “You came prepared.”

“Well, yeah. I have plans.”

“Plans?”

“You’ll see.” Sana gives her a lopsided smile and Y/n wants to kiss her, but she holds herself back and sits down on the blanket next to her.

Y/n can hear people making out behind them and she’s not sure why; they’re at least twenty feet away from them. It makes her feel slightly embarrassed, like they’re invading those couples’ privacies. She gets distracted by the noises when Sana opens her backpack and pulls out something big and round and green.

A watermelon.

Y/n’s face lights up at the sight of the fruit; she hasn’t eaten any this year yet and she can’t even hide how much she’s been craving it. Sana smiles at her expression. “Good surprise?”

“Very good surprise.” Y/n replies, but then she notices a dried graze on Sana’s elbow and remembers how she actually asked Sana to get her a watermelon last time she stole those cherries from that farmer. “You stole it.”

Sana stops cutting into the watermelon and shakes her head. “I would never.”

“Where is this from, then?” Y/n leans closer and brushes her fingers over the small injury. It’s nothing bad, but she really doesn’t like seeing Sana hurt in any shape or form.