Chapter 11: Tangled up midnight Tango, sfw style

I leave the Byers home in my rear view, knowing my brother was safe with Steve.

I left after getting no answer or response from Billy. I'm done. With both of them. I trust Steve not to fuck up and get my brother killed, but I can't handle a child right now.

I just drove, familiar streets passing me by.

After a couple minutes, I pull into a familiar park. A trailer park.

Shit

I really shouldn't have drove up here. I roll to stop, leaning my head on my steering wheel.

A knock on my window startled me. I roll it down.

"Eddie... hey," I greet, not knowing exactly what to say. "Hey, baby girl... what're you, uh... what're you doing out here? Not that I mind, it's just..." he trails off. I could fill that sentence with many different answers.

"I got pissed at Billy and Steve and drove off. I guess I just kept driving..." I tell him. "Do you wanna... come inside?" Eddie offers cautiously. I sigh lightly and nod.

I open the car door and Eddie helps me out. I could feel it beginning to rain. I lock my car up, still holding Eddie's hand, though I'd forgotten I was ever holding it.

After I tuck my keys into my pocket, Eddie pulls me close. "Do you wanna dance?" He asked, one hand on my hip and the other cupping my cheek. I look up momentarily.

"It's raining," I point out. "You never complained before," he smirks, the street lamps illuminating his soft features. I sigh into a small chuckle.

"Fine. Will you have this dance, mr. Munson?" I ask in a silly accent. The hand on my cheek goes and clasps my hand, my free hand going up to Eddie's shoulder. Eddie was a bit of a head taller than me.

While we spin and sway, we joked and laughed. "Hey, so if you're 19 and I'm almost 17... are you a pedo?" I asked with a silly grin. He snorts. "Shut the fuck up. It's a 2 and a half year age gap," he chuckled.

He spins me around, then pulls me close. The rain had soaked my white shirt and Eddie's messy hair. He moved my hair that stuck to my face under the sheet of rain. My blue-jean shorts were soaked, my skin was cold, my socks were wet.

"Let's go inside now," he says in a light daze. I nod.

Once inside, we go to his room. He sheds his leather jacket, his shirt following suit. "Get out of those wet clothes. You'll catch a cold," he tells me. "Is this some stupid ploy to get me naked?" I asked jokingly. "Is it working?"he raised an eyebrow, smirking. "No. But for the sake of maintaining my health, I will. But not cause you told me to," I sass.

Hesitantly, I grip the hem of my shirt, and pull it over my head. I take off my pants, then noticed Eddie staring. "What? Boxers and sports bra not your type?" I asked gruffly, hiding my insecurity. "Baby, I'm bi. Underwear means Jack shit to me,"he grins playfully, but I could sense the hint of adoration in his eyes. He stands closely in front of me, his hand finding my jaw and gently lifting my face.

"You had a rough night... let's go to sleep, yeah?" he tilts his head. I nod.

Him in his boxers and me in mine, we lay down, my back to his chest. His arms wrapped around me, drawing loose patterns in my arms with his face in my neck.

𝟛𝕣𝕕 ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 ℙ𝕆𝕍

As rain began to cease over the trailer and surrounding area, two figures laid unseen, nestled together on the mattress in a messy bedroom. Their bodies intertwined as they lay there, basking in the warmth of each other's embrace.

Despite the fact that they were not in a formal relationship, there was a deep sense of intimacy between them. Their bodies fit together perfectly, as if they were made to be held in each other's arms.

As they gazed up at the ceiling, the boy gently traced his fingers along the girl's arm, his touch sending shivers down her spine. She turned to him, her eyes glistening with unspoken emotion, just staring into the chocolaty expanse of his irises. They began to grin at one another, then scooting impossibly closer. Realization smacked the girl in the face, rearing it's ugly head at her, the stress had come crashing down and she teared up, the softness of his embrace breaking open her shell of invulnerability.

In that moment, time seemed to tick by a little slower. They were lost in each other, their bodies and souls entwined in a way that words could never fully express. She had truly let him into her heart.

It was a moment of pure bliss, a fleeting moment of true connection that would stay with them both for years to come, a shared vulnerability which they may never show another person again. And as they lay there, wrapped up in each other's affection, they knew that they would always cherish this memory, this imperfect moment of tenderness and affection.

𝔸/𝕟

𝕊𝕦𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣