Chapter 4: the family in the culdisac

Y/n got home and decided to relax. Billy and Steve were clearly at each other's throats, her first day back, and people were already calling her nasty names for having a guy friend, her ex  approaching her, an asthma attack.

She was now filling out her summer paperwork for her old job, being a lifeguard.

(Don't say a thing. I did a swimming thing for an extra curricular (not swim team) and it was similar to lifeguard qualifications)

Her freshman year, she turned 16 after the school year ended and immediately applied for lifeguard. She was excited.

After she finished homework and paperwork, she opened her journal. She wrote down the good things and wrote down what she had to look forward to. It was there to remind her things can be pretty great if she doesn't dwell on mean comments.

Good things
•Being friends with Steve
•being home
•classes aren't hard
•making fun of Billy

Things to look forward to:
•HALLOWEEN PARTY TMRWWW!!! :D
•Lifeguard job
•seeing my kiddos again <3
•bonding with Nance
•having English with Steve :)

She smiled. She hadn't seen the kids— mikes friends a.k.a the party— since she left. Hard to think it'd been a year. Things were pretty good.

Now she wanted to pick out her outfit.

If people were gonna slutshame her, she was gonna show them a real slut on the one night where everything can be sexy. And who doesn't get the hots for their camp counselor at summer camp? Camp crystal lake and their sexy counselor. (*insert princess and the frog, shadow man audio*)

v POV changes here v

I hear a knock on my window, reminding me what time it was. Steve is just standing casually on my roof. I open the window and he falls into my room clumsily.

"Harrington? What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise. "I was bored... and Nancy is mad at me. She kicked me out," he winces. I help him up. "You're stupid, Harrington" I tell him with a chuckle. He looks around my room. It was freshly decorated. He sees the photos on my bulletin board. He reminisces. I snap a photo with my Polaroid camera. He chuckles. "What was that for?" He asked. "Because. It's our senior year and I'm afraid to miss out on you guys," I tell him.

"What do you mean?" He asks, sitting down on my bed. I sit next to him and lay down with my legs dangling off my bed. "I was gone a whole year and everyone is changing. I... I just can't catch up, y'know?" I express. He pulls me up the mattress and pulls the covers me and he just lays there. "You know you'll always have me, right?" He asks. "I-... I dunno anymore," I answer honestly. He hugs me. "Can you stay till I fall asleep?" I request. He nods and lays down with me.

Timeskip-the next morning at school~

I go to English class and Billy sat next to me again. "Hey~" he smirks. "How do you have energy for flirting this early?" I ask. "What? Didn't catch sleep? What was keeping a pretty girl like you up at night?" Billy asked. Then Harrington walked in.

He left early in the morning after leaving me a sweet note

"I, uh, slept well actually," I smile nervously.

———————————

Billy watched her expression change. If he wanted to steal her heart before Harrington did, he'd have to up his game.

"Why are you trying so hard to hate me?" He asked. "Because you're pretty hatable," y/n shrugged, not looking at him. "Maybe the reason you try to hate me so much is because you're scared you'll fall for me," Billy smirked. She looked at him with an ego-killing expression. "Or maybe you're an arrogant ass who thinks he's better because he's from California," she gruffly told him. Steve stifled a laugh.

"Hey man, it's okay. We all have our days... but it seems your week won't be to good. Not when you're trying to win her over... cause ya gotta try harder than that!" Steve laughed. Steve was right. Billy knew that y/n was wrapped around Steve's finger so tightly that it was cutting off circulation. That circulation being his relationship with the girl's sister. And the funny part was that he didn't even know he was in love with y/n.

He had one last item at his disposal... dirty talk. She seemed to hate him, and people have hateful, angry sex all the time. He, himself has.

He leaned close, right up to her ear, letting out a breathy chuckle as he did so. "Maybe you could put that pretty little ungrateful mouth of yours to use sometime," he whispered. He watched her shiver in delight. "Fuck you, you're so gross!" She whispered. Her face was beet red and she was avoiding eye contact. He gripped her chin, just above her neck, and forced her to look at him.

He got close again. "You dress so well... but those clothes don't suit you... they'd look so much better on my bedroom floor," he cooed. "Fuck you," she grumbled. He hummed. "If you're so willing, I'd be happy to," he smirked. He let her go once the bell rang and saw Steve glaring.

Billy smirked and did an innocent little wave.

In PE, Billy was up against Steve's back in a game of skins v. Shirts. "Y'know Harrington, if I don't know any better, I'd say you're mad at me for stealing your bitch," Hargrove whispered. Steve huffed. "Just play the game," he growled in gritted teeth. "That's exactly what I'm gonna do... trust me, little wheeler's gonna have the time of her life," Billy chuckled spitefully into Steve's ear. Steve shot his back leg, backwards under Billy's ankle, causing Billy to fall on his ass. Steve took the opening to take the ball up and score.

He heard y/n holler his praise and he smirked over at Billy.