Chapter 3: Cupid screwed up

Billy crossed his arms, watching y/n and Steve interact. She was too delirious to realize his gentle touches and lingering gazes were him falling without him even realizing.

It was something important to Steve and now Billy wanted it. He'd have her, no matter what.

"Why haven't they just made out yet?" Tommy scoffed.

~showers~

"So you and wheeler?" Billy asked. "Me and Nance? How did you-" "the other one, pretty boy," Billy interrupts. "Y/n? No! No, we're friends. Capital F. Just friends. Just friends who are there for each other, and it would be weird, I'm dating her sister," Steve laughed. "So she's single?" Billy raises an eyebrow. This irked Steve. Billy was trying to slide his way into y/n's life, and Steve was not having it.

"What's it to you? Putting another notch on your belt?" Steve grumbled. "Oh absolutely, with legs like hers? A definite fuck, but I'd love to actually romance her too," Billy smirked. "No, not happening. Hell no," Steve scowled. "And who are you? Her daddy?" Billy still grinned, watching Steve become flustered at the sexual innuendo toward y/n. Billy turned off the shower and walked away.

He made sure no one was looking when he looked through Harrington's clothes. He found his wallet and flipped it open. Driver's license, random cards, a condom (because of course Steve was that kind of guy)— ah. A picture of his girl. Billy pulled the small photo forward. Pictures of y/n. Count 'em, 4 pictures of y/n. He scoffed quietly, dropping the wallet on the bench.

He gets changed and leaves. He decides to wait for y/n, but she wasn't coming out yet. Steve leaves the locker room, hair slightly dry from a towel.

"Y/n not out yet?" He asked, checking his watch. "Nope," Billy answered. Steve walks over to the girl's locker room, the coach no longer in the gym due to the lunch break. He knocks, no answer. Billy is behind him. Steve peaks in. No one in sight.

They would have left, but Steve heard a quiet sob. Steve walked in, Billy tailing him. Y/n was sitting with her knees to her chest on a bench and her gym locker open. She was only in her bra and undies. Y/n saw Steve.

"O-oh hey Steve..." she quickly wiped her tears and gives a smile, "what... what are you doing in here," y/n asked, covering herself with Steve's jacket. Steve sat next to her. He invites her to lean against him. She leans her head back against his shoulder. "Wanna tell me about it?" He asked. Y/n huffs.

"Do you know how hard it is to be a girl? Like I'm trying so hard to be my sexy, confident self, but that makes me a slut. And me being your friend makes me a boyfriend stealing bimbo! It is so hard to just- be. Like, if I'm too smart, I'm a nerd. If I'm not smart enough, I'm a dimwit whore. If I don't sleep with anyone, I'm a diehard virgin, but once I do, I'm a slut. If I don't drink, I'm a prude, but if I take a shot, I'm an alcoholic. If-If I don't lose the weight, and am not a perfect 115, I'm a fatass, but if I lose too much, I'm a druggy!" She cried.

Up until this point, Billy hadn't heard all of these problems from one girl. Yeah, a few passing comments, but never this bad.

Does she think she's ugly?

Y/n had a perfectly human amount of pudge. Her thighs had some stretch marks, sure, but he was somewhat mesmerized by them. Her body was gorgeous.

"Get dressed. You're skipping the rest of today," Steve got up and drug Billy out of the locker room.

"She's already hurting enough, and if you know what's good for you and actually care about her well-being, you'll leave well enough alone," Steve basically ordered. Billy walked off, angry.

"Friends capital F? Friends my ass," he grumbled, going to meet the knuckle heads he calls friends