Chapter Four

I wake slowly to a warm weight across my waist and sweat-slicked skin. A nose is pressing against the skin of my neck. My eyes open at the realization that there is a human arm wrapped around me that tightens, pulling me back firmly against Gabe's bare chest. It's at that moment when I realize the arm snakes up under my shirt to rest between my breasts, and Gabe's hand is holding onto my opposite shoulder. Hips press against my backside, and there's a deep groan vibrating through my back at the contact of the hard erection against my ass.

My greedy pussy clenches at the sound and feel of him against me. His arm tightens around me. "You smell so good," Gabe murmurs against my neck, his voice husky from sleep.

I startle at his words since I assumed he was sleeping. "What are you doing?" I demand.

"I'm cuddling you. I must have shifted back in my sleep last night." He explains but still doesn't let go.

I don't know what to say to that. Under normal circumstances, if I woke up with a naked man, I would freak out. Even if I knew he was there the night before, I would still have a panic attack. I reach under my shirt to grab his wrist and pull his arm out. Pushing down the blanket, I avoid looking at the expanse of naked skin on display. "We should get ready. The faster we leave, the faster we find Milo."

A knock sounds at the door before it's pushed open. Harley stands in the doorway with his mouth hanging open. "It's not what it looks like," I say automatically.

His head tilts to the side as he eyes our position, "So Gabe isn't naked in bed with you?"

"It's exactly what it looks like?" I say slowly, afraid of what he thinks we were doing.

I think about it for a moment and realize how ridiculous I'm being. We're all adults here, and if I want to lay in bed with a sexy-as-sin man I'm not going to feel guilty about it. Besides, they said their relationship wasn't like that. Harley crosses his arms over his chest, "Gabe isn't like other people."

My brows rise, and my jaw drops. Gabe pulls his wrist out of my hand and hangs his head. Indignant rage fills me as I push up from the bed to stomp over to Harley shoving my finger into his chest. "Are you insinuating that Gabe is too disabled to make decisions for himself?" I hiss the words out at him.

Harley looks away, putting his hands on his hips before he hangs his head, "That's not what I meant."

I huff and roll my eyes, "What did you mean then?" I demand.

He runs his tongue over his top teeth before he answers, "When Gabe gets attached to someone, it wrecks him when they leave him behind."

My eyes narrow on him as I stare at him with my top lip curled. Then I think back to what Milo had said about Harley and what happened with his ex-girlfriend. "Is your worry really about Gabe or is this about you and your problems? Gabe is a big boy who can make his own decisions. You're not his keeper."

Harley looks away, "We should head out soon." He turns on his heel and heads back into the living room.

I roll my eyes at him and stomp into the bathroom to change into a pair of black jean shorts and a black t-shirt Death had left at my place and said I could keep a while back. I'd cut it into a long crop top. With the high waist of my shorts, there's only a small band of skin visible when I raise my arms over my head. It's got an adorable, animated picture of a grim reaper on the front and says: Spoiler Alert! Everyone dies. It's one of my favorite shirts and it's such a Death thing to wear. He's always got funny shirts on. Apparently, when you're literally surrounded by death day in and out you've got to take enjoyment where you can.