How I Met His Siblings

Start from the beginning

"You insisted. I-ah- I told you it was personal problems and you pushed," I defended. As much as I was embarrassed, he believed it and that's all that mattered.

"You're right. I'm sorry," he apologized looking very uncomfortable, "Would you like to go home now? You probably need to tend to...um...do whatever...you know?"

"It's okay Thai, you can go," I smiled.

"Are you sure? I could...uggh...get you something at the pharmacy," he replied.

"I'll be good. Thank you for offering," I told him finding his awkward behavior sweet.

"Au revoir ma belle."

"Goodbye," I waved to him as he left. I let out a huge sigh of relief and rested my head on my hands. Well that was awkward...

"Hey Skye," a deep voice called and I jolted upwards and then looked behind me where the voice seemed to come from. I noticed Dylan standing there with his brother and sister behind him. Speak of the devil...

"Hey Dylan, who do we have here?" I asked him but before he could reply the little boy spoke up first.

"I'm Daniel and I'm four. You're really pretty," he smiled.

"Well thank you Daniel. You are quite the gentleman," I chuckled.

"I know. The girls at school love me but I don't want a girl. I want a woman so what do you say sweetheart, be my girl?" he climbed onto the chair in front of me. I laughed.

"Whoa, aren't you fast? Let's just slow down a bit, shall we? I can't date you lovely," I told him.

"Well I'll give you time to think about it, because you are making the biggest mistake in your life," he said reasonably. This kid was Dylan in the making!

"Deal," I agreed and then focused on the little girl, his twin sister, "So what about you cutie? What's your name?"

"Dana," she whispered hiding behind Dylan's leg.

"I really like your dolly," I pointed at the doll she held closely in her hand.

"Really?" she sounded surprised.

"Yes, her hair is really nice," I insisted.

"Really? I did it myself!" she exclaimed excited and then jumped out from behind Dylan's leg. She walked around the table and sat beside me, "Do you like her dress?"

"Of course! It's really pretty but I like yours better," I pinched her cheek, "And your hair is absolutely beautiful! I have been trying to learn how to fish braid but it's not going so well."

"Thank you. Dylan braided it for me," she said and then busied herself with her doll. I looked up at Dylan shocked. He was still standing and now he looked extremely awkward.

 "You can braid hair? Oh my gosh! This is priceless!"

"Shut up," he warned as I continued to laugh at him.

"No Dylan, it's amazing," I told him honestly. He met my gaze and stared at me for a whole minute.

"It's embarrassing," he shook his head and took a seat at the table.

"No it's not. I think it's really cute," I said honestly and placed my hand over his. He glanced down at our hands and then back up at my face, "You're not as bad as you try to be."

"No way, I'm a bad guy. Everyone is afraid of me for a reason. I get in a lot of fights," he replied cautiously speaking low enough so that his siblings couldn't hear.

"People fear you because you push them away. You get in a lot of fights because my brother and his friends pick them or because you get touchy over something. You're human. You're not a bad guy so stop trying to make yourself one. You're a good guy Dylan," I told him looking straight into his eyes.

"It's just," he whispered staring at his sister and then back at me, "They see me in such a good light, you know, and I don't want them to see me differently ever. I don't want to be dangerous Dylan Martin to them not even scary. I just want to be the big brother Dylan who they love."

"And who gets his nails painted pick," I giggled noticing his hot pink nails.

"Exactly girlfriend," he said in a high pitched voice and flipped his hair over-dramatically. We both started laughing and then Dana and Daniel joined in too.

"I should go before someone sees us and go all crazy on you," I sighed and got up gathering my things, "Bye Daniel. Bye Dana."

"Bye girlfriend!" Daniel exclaimed smiling deviously.

"Bye!" Dana waved wildly at me and I chuckled.

"Bye guys. I'll see you later Dylan," I waved back at them. He nodded in my direction and I left through the doors of the ice cream shop.