Chapter 20: ~Nighterrors~

Mother Miranda's POV:

I've been seeing Amelia being tired and sleeping in more often than normal I mean there's nothing wrong with that she's still a child.

But she's the type of kid who would normalize waking up early in the morning In some instances she was the one waking me up from time to time.

And to be honest I don't have time to talk to her because of my responsibilities in the village and the only time I'm not working is at night by then Amelia's fast asleep.

So while I was in my study I saw Amelia walking past I immediately called her.

"Amelia, dear would you mind coming in her for a moment" I said Amelia walked in looking tired "dear are you alright? are you getting enough sleep? " I asked Amelia nodded "uh-huh I'm *yawns* fine mama" she said while rubbing her eyes.

I smiled softly at her cuteness she's just to cute "are you sure?" "mhm" "I just want to make sure you know you could come into my room if you need me ok?" "ok mama" she said I kissed her forehead and I let her go on about her day.

*A few hours later*

I was wandering arpund the estate trying to find Amelia I finally found some time but she wasn't in the library nor in the living room but I came across her chambermaid.

"Crina have you seen Amelia? " I asked "she is taking a nap in her room mylady" she said with a bow I thanked her as I went to Amelias room.

I opened her door and there she was napping peacefully on her bed I came close to look at her even though her room was cool she was sweating rapidly so I took off her pillow on her back.

She immediately started squirming I softly chuckled as I laid beside her , hugging her, eventually she stopped moving around and continued to sleep and I let myself have a rest aswell.

A few moments later I was awakened by a scream I look at Amelia she was sobbing but she was still asleep she was holding onto her pillow tightly.

I decided to wake her up once she opened her eyes she burst into tears and hugged me I hgged her back while rubbing her back and stroking her hair from time to time to calm her down.

"Shhh it's alright no my dear mama's here what happened little crow? did you had a bad dream?" I asked she nodded "do you want to talk about it?" I asked once more.

She paused for a moment then she nodded "y-y-ou we-we-re lea-vi-ving me-e" she said stuttering at every word "shhh it's just a dream my love it isn't real I would never leave you" I said kissing her forehead.

"Now do you want a cuddle?" "Mhm" I immediately cuddle her knowing that's one of Amelia's favorite thing to do when she's tired.

She snuggled up to me while I continued rubbing her back and stroking her hair a few minutes later Amelia was fast asleep I kissed her forehead "I promise you my dear I will never leave you"

~To Be Continued~