"Cool." Chaeyoung beams at her. "I’m glad that’s out of the way."

"Yeah. Me too." They look at each other for a moment and Y/n doesn’t feel like talking or answering any questions anymore, so she turns around again. "I’ll see you later."

"Tell Lisa hi from me!"

-

Y/n’s mind is a mess.

Yeah well, when is it not.

But it’s just more of a mess than it usually is.

People around her are going about their lives, holding their significant others’ hands, taking their dogs for a walk, carrying their groceries home. Cars are honking, tired business men stuck in traffic jams contemplating their lives and the real bigwigs all about to go through major burnouts. It smells of smoke and sizzling meat and then of pancakes when she passes a colourful food stand somewhere.

And here Y/n is, walking through the streets with her face carrying a frown so deep it might just never disappear again. And all of that just because a girl told someone else that they’re just friends.

She knows why Sana gave Chaeyoung an answer like that, she knows she was trying to protect Y/n since Y/n isn’t ready for others to know about what’s going on between them.

Y/n would be a damn hypocrite to hold it against her.

So why on earth does she feel like this?

Why does it make her feel so… so betrayed?

She stops walking on a red light, buries her hands in the pockets of her jacket and takes a deep breath.

Y/n watches how the cars speed past her, how the green lights for them start blinking in a warning that they're about to turn red so Y/n can cross the street.

And just as the light for her turns green, she gets it.

It’s because Sana added the part of her not being into women.

The light is green but Y/n just keeps standing there like an idiot, and she thinks about Taeyong and Sana, and she thinks about Sana telling her about her first boyfriend back in high school, and then she remembers Sana mentioning her other ex-boyfriend that was an artist and—

And Sana never mentioned a girl.

"Hey you, it’s green!"

Y/n jumps, her head snapping up to see a guy walking backwards over the street. "What?"

"I’d hurry up if I were you." He smiles and points at the green traffic lights. "It’s about to turn red."

He gets his feet moving, and while he crosses the street, Y/n can’t keep her eyes from gluing themselves on the way he walks with his perfect built up body or his long hair that was stopping until his shoulder.

Sana would be attracted to him, wouldn’t she?

But then why…

Her phone starts ringing and Y/n picks it up without checking the caller ID, too occupied by her thoughts to wonder if it might be someone else but Lisa.

"Stop calling me. I’m on my way."

There’s a pause and then "Uhm. Sorry?"

Y/n stops walking once she hears that it is in fact not Lisa calling. "Sana? Sorry, I thought you were someone else."

"Clearly." Sana chuckles. "Is this a bad time? I can hang up—"

"No! No, it’s not. I was just surprised. Is everything okay?"