I sighed. I had expected her to ask this sooner or later. I’m not sure why I didn’t just tell her who Becky was. I just wasn’t ready to expose that part of myself to her, or anyone for that matter. 

“No one you need to worry about.” I heard myself saying instead. She frowned at me, but I leaned forward and kissed the frown off her face. I pulled her into my arms, nestling her on my chest. She sighed and traced her finger up and down my chest.

“Okay, then. Can I ask you something else?”

“Sure.” 

She looked up at me, her lip in between her teeth. I smoothed my thumb over her lip, watching her mouth open at my touch. I knew I didn’t deserve her trust. I had so much baggage I needed one of those trolley things to carry it around. 

“It’s something that came up with the girls last night before the guys got here.” 

Now I was curious. 

“Alright, well we solved the dick issue, so what else came up during that little game that I wasn’t privy to.” 

“One of the questions Mia asked was how many guys have we had sex with.”

“So you want to know how many guys I slept with. Easy. None.” 

She chortled and poked my chest. “I’m serious. Apparently my number makes me the resident slut.” 

I frowned. I didn’t like her saying that about herself, and I didn’t like that anyone made her feel that way.

“What makes you think that?” 

“Well,” she twirled her finger along my happy trail. “Since Casey is a virgin and Ashley and Lucy have only slept with one person, I won the title.”

“Wait, Lucy said she had only been with one person?” I knew without her saying who she had said that person was.

“Yes.” she ducked her head. “She said you’re the only person she has slept with.”

I burst out laughing. I laughed so hard that tears sprang to my eyes and Emily had to shush me.

“Sorry,” I chuckled. “That’s not true. She was very promiscuous in high school. Every time there was a party, Troey was dragging her half naked from one bedroom or another.”

“Why would she lie about that?” 

I snorted. “Did you really expect anything different from her?” 

Emily picked at a thread on the cover. “It’s just…she made it sound like I was some big whore or something.” 

I placed my hand under her chin and tilted her head up. I shook my head. “That you are not.” 

“You don’t know that.” 

“Is your number really that high?” 

She shrugged. “Maybe.” She was so fucking cute, fretting over this. I knew Emily had been with others. Damn if I liked it and I sure as shit didn’t want her with anyone else, but I hated that she was thinking so negatively of herself.

“Tell me how many.”

“I asked you first.” She pointed out. I sighed and ran my hand over my face. This wasn’t something I really wanted to answer either, but I at least owed this to her. 

“What, are you afraid you’re a man whore?” 

I laughed. “Maybe,” I admitted. She narrowed her eyes at me.

“Spill it, mister.” 

“Alright.” I kissed her on the nose. “You would be lucky number thirteen.”