Chapter 2: A New World

Start from the beginning

The SIREN kept on staring into his eyes. The boy stopped moving when he saw something shine in her eyes. The boy suddenly screamed in pain.

The SIREN let go of him and closed her eyes.

"I am sorry. But it was the only way for me to copy your language." the SIREN said.

Anubis ears stood up and everyone looked at her. She slowly opened her eyes. And looked at the boy. She kneeled down. "I thank you for taking care of me, and again, I am sorry." the SIREN said.

Anubis watched her closely. She turned to look at Anubis. She walked towards him. The guards aimed their weapons at her, but she didn't care.

She stopped, as she was two feet in front of him. "Could you repeat your question?" the SIREN asked him. "Who are you? And why were you in the dessert?" Anubis asked her.

"I am from a planet where we don't have names. We are defined by our ranks and titles." She looked around. "Where am I?" she asked as she looked around.

"You are in Egypt. Home to Gods and Mortals alike. You are in my kingdom, Cairo, the capital of Egypt. What was your title on your planet?" Anubis answered. The SIREN nodded before answering. "All you need to know is that I was a soldier in my Queen's army." the SIREN said.

Everybody started whispering, some even laughed at her. Anubis on the other hand, was quiet. "You haven't answered my second question yet-" "Where is she?" the SIREN cut Anubis off.

It suddenly became quiet. There was hostility in the air. Anubis signaled his men. Four men brought the Second commander. They laid her on the floor.

"There. I brought your friend for you. Now will you answer my question?" Anubis asked as he looked at her. The SIREN walked towards her comrade.

Everyone was shocked at how Anubis hasn't screamed yet. As he doesn't like to be ignored.

The SIREN kneeled down.

"She hasn't woken up ever since we found the both of you. We've tried everything. She must be dead." one of the maids said to the SIREN. But the SIREN didn't pay her no attention.

The GARTY was also dressed in rags.

She placed her hands together, in a begging motion. She then turned one into a fist, before breathing slowly. She used the hand, that she made into a fist, and hit the Second commander on the chest.

Everyone stepped back. The hit looked like it would hurt. The Second commander suddenly gasped. She sat up and started coughing. A hand was extended towards her.

"He tem na. (Welcome back.)" the SIREN said towards the GARTY. The GARTY took the SIREN hand and stood up. The GARTY nodded.

"Ot ka? Grat yu ni mo? (Where are we? And where is the beast?)" the GARTY asked. "What language is that, that your friend speaks?" Anubis asked as he looks at her. "It is the language of our home. One moment." the SIREN said as she turned towards the Second commander.

"Ka o te e na mi? (You speak the language of evil now?)" the Second commander asked. "Ga o tu mi ne ga do e tam. A tu, grat yo bo u. (It is their language. And one more thing, they use names.)" the First commander said as he looked at her.

"Al gem it ta. (Then let them name us.)" the Second commander said. The First commander nodded. The Second commander looked into the First commander eyes. And did the same thing.