“More like threatened to castrate me if I didn’t come over,” Omar mumbled under breath, only to receive a glare from Salvador. He hadn’t been expecting a call from Andrea’s brother, much less an earful about how he was being a complete douche to his sister. First, he had been scolded by Emilio, then Adriano and now the brother? And he hadn’t thought that Salvador was much of a threat, but judging by his cold hazel eyes, height that matched his and muscular physique, Salvador could easy beat the crap out of just about anybody. 

So, in his hungover stupor, Omar had quickly gotten ready and driven over to the Dos Ramos mansion before he was hunted down like a mouse. “Now that you’re here, I’d like to make it clear that you are by no means to neglect my sister. You need to start taking care of her and showing up when she needs you. You do know that she almost three months pregnant right? Did you even go to one of her checkups?” Salvador fired mercilessly, and Omar looked at his feet in shame.

“I admit that I’ve been a bit of a cad over the last couple of months, but from now onwards I’ll be there for her. You have my word,” he said after mustering up the courage to even say those words. Hell, even his conscience was starting to nag him for it.

Andrea, who had been standing near the door, just stood there in silence. There wasn’t much that she could say but his words weren’t that reassuring to her. Omar had a way with words, and he rarely was ever genuine. “Well, that’s just peachy. I’ll leave you both now to talk because there’s some things you guys need to have a conversation,” her brother said and then walked out of the room once again.

Both of them were quiet, not bothering to even look at each other. It was Omar who broke the silence first. “How are you?” he asked her, and she laughed bitterly.

“Stop acting like you care. All you wanted from me was the cookie, and you got it. You don’t care how I’m doing even though I’m carrying your child,” she spat through gritted teeth, making him flinch slightly.

He stepped closer to her; his dark eyes penetrative as usual. She found herself craning her neck up to look at him. Omar easily towered over her with his six-foot three frame, and the way he was analyzing her made her feel as small as an ant. “Yes, you are carrying my child. And it is because of that child that you and I have to reach an agreement,” he stated slowly, enunciating each and every word as though he was speaking to a child.

She gulped the lump that had formed in her throat. “What did you have in mind?”

He slid his hands into his pocket, his gaze not wavering in the slightest. “I want you to understand that if it wasn’t for this child, I’d never marry you. I don’t love you, and I know for certain that you don’t love me,” he said with all frankness. “I can show up when you need me to, and I can take care of you and this baby, but I won’t be committed to you.”

The words he’d uttered felt like somebody had poured ice cold water all over her. He was only being truthful, but his way of being honest was a bit too cruel for her taste. But did she really expect him to turn into a loving hubby to be like some fairytale prince? This was just an arranged marriage, and by the looks of it, it will always be that way. It nauseated her, how she would spend the rest of her life shackled to a man with no sense of a moral compass, but she had gotten herself into this. What she did hope was that their child, if it turned out to be a boy, wouldn’t end up like his father.

Andrea nodded slowly and smiled, but it was a chilly smile. “Glad to see we’re on the same page. I don’t expect much from you anyways,” she said sarcastically. “I wouldn’t expect you to give up your whorish ways.”

He narrowed his eyes. “Who are you calling a whore, little girl? The only whore around here is you!” he fired back, and in return earned a red-hot slap from the said little girl. He chuckled humorlessly before scowling at her. “What, did I offend you? You gave up your body to me like a shameless little slut. So, before you go around throwing stones make sure you don’t live in a glass house,” he taunted.

Andrea glared at him. “Screw you, you asshole. You only wanted me because you couldn’t have Ximena. I bet it bothers you that for once in your life, you couldn’t have what you wanted. Disgusting pig! Get the hell out of my room right now before I scratch your eyes out!” she barked out in sheer fury.

“I’ll talk to you later when you’ve calmed down,” he said with a blank expression on his face. He made his way towards the door before pausing. “When is your next doctor’s appointment?” he asked her.

She rolled her eyes. “Wednesday,” she told him, her tone indifferent.

“Great, I guess I’ll see you then. Try not to miss me too much,” he said with a smirk before making his exit.

If she hadn’t been in a foul mood then, well now she was utterly pissed. “I hate you Omar Pedrad,” she exhaled in frustration and combed her fingers through her hair. “I just freaking hate you.”

____________________________

Hello wonderful people! How is everyone doing?

Not really a long chapter but it's more of a filler...for upcoming drama of course.

I hope you're enjoying this ✨

Vote, comment and share 🌹❤️

~Deetronite