Chapter 18: Bonds

Start from the beginning

"Mahal kita, sinta." Jayden confessed. 

"Sinta? I like that. Mahal din kita, pangga." Tricia tip-toed for a goodbye kiss. 

"I feel like a lightbulb..." Lola Agnes winded up her window and shook her head. 

"Oops, sorry Lola..." Tricia and Jayden turned beet red.

~

"Kaela's visa is expiring soon and I was wondering if we could do something for them before they go their separate ways? At least for Kaela and the others." Tricia wondered. She and Jayden were having lunch in her office.

"Sounds good to me. Actually, how does baking sound? I'm sure Lola would be glad to teach them." Jayden suggested.

"Fresh pandesal is always welcome. When would Lola be free?" Tricia grinned.

"How about this Friday afternoon? You're off duty right?" Jayden checked.

"Yep. Shall we ask the rest if they're free to join us?" Tricia was already excited.

"Sure. I'll ask if Kuya can bring Joshua along, I'm sure the rest of the team would love to join as well." Jayden was equally on board.

"I'll ask if Ate Gaile is free to bring Alo and Natalia along. Mama, Ate Aiks and Jill would definitely be coming if their schedule is free too." Tricia was already texting the family chat.

"I'll get all the things ready." Jayden assured.

"I love that you're just going along with my crazy ideas." Tricia chuckled.

"The 101 of being Tricia Robredo's boyfriend, I suppose. Plus, this isn't crazy, it's a beautiful idea." Jayden flashed a dimple.

"I'll see you on Wednesday, Nurse Rose is paging me." Tricia checked her phone.

"Love you." Jayden stood up with Tricia.

"Me too." Tricia gave Jayden a peck on the cheek before letting go of his hand.

~

"This sounds like trouble already..." Jill stared at the sight before her.

"It really does..." Aika was equally scared. The children were all excited and chattering among themselves. Natalia, Alo and Joshua were already making friends with the other children.

"Is that Patty's boyfriend? The one in a black shirt?" Gaile snuck up from behind.

"Yep, he's the one." Jill nodded.

"No wonder his eyes keep wondering to Patty even though he's busy helping his Lola." Gaile chuckled.

"Patty's equally bad..." Aika shook her head.

"Hello everyone, I'm Alex and today, we have Lola Agnes here to teach us how to make pandesals!" Alex waved to get thr attention of the children.

"I'll help Lola, you go join them." Ella nudged Jayden.

"What about Joshua?" Jayden asked.

"That boy wants to do it with his Papa alone. They chased me away so they could have their father-son bonding." Ella scoffed.

"Thank you, Ate." Jayden nodded gratefully.

"Can we get 1 adult for each child? We would need 2 for Kaela, Lily and Anna, the younger ones, and 1 for Jack!" Alex looked at the adults. That meant Atty Leni, Aika, Jill, Jayden, Tricia, Alex and Sabrina had to split themselves up. 

"Mama, you and Jill can partner up. I'll take Jack alone." Aika offered. 

"We'll take charge of Anna then." Jill waved excitedly at the little girl, who waved back vigorously. 

"Sir, do you want to take Kaela with..." Sabrina turned to Jayden. 

"Trishie, Jaydie! Come here!" Kaela ran up to grab the two by the hand.

"I'll take Lily with you." Alex waited for Sabrina's nod. 

"I guess we don't really have a choice..." Sabrina was visibly disappointed. 

"I'm not on Sir's level but I'm decent." Alex smiled to lighten the mood. 

"Right, we're here for the children." Sabrina reminded herself as she waved to Lily.