Rory patted me with a smile, letting me know whatever I said next, he'll forgive me if I said something out of line.

"I know everyone here would like to get this party started, so I'll keep this short." I stood behind the couple, looked down at them, over to Eloise, and noticed her eyes were glossy from tears pooling in them, ran my fingers through my hair, and said, "It sure has been an emotional day, hasn't it?" Then, I looked at the cake, chuckling as I pointed, "Look, not only is the maid of honor in tears, but even the cake is in tiers as well."

That made everyone laugh.

And I earned an evil glare from Eloise, making me chuckle.

Speak from the heart...

I can do this.

"Now, before I end this speech, I have to say the hotel manager asked that I instruct you all, for health and safety reasons, that none of you get up on top of the chairs and table during my standing ovation."

Everyone laughed.

Including me.

I looked down at the beautiful couple, grinning. "Okay, you two. Could you do something for me? Isabelle, I want you to please put your left hand flat on the table. And Rory? Please place your hand on top of hers. Enjoy this moment, my friend, because it's the first and last time in your marriage that you'll have the upper hand."

Rory's head dropped as he laughed, shaking it.

He knows it's true.

I reached for my drink, lifted it in the air, saying, "Everyone raise your glass and join me in a toast to Rory and Isabelle—here is to a lifetime of love and happiness and an adventure that'll add lots of wonderful memories. Congratulations."

I'm sure Eloise assumed I'd choke, and I probably did. But I thought I did all right for someone who has no idea how to be romantic or sentimentally express my feelings. I'm sure I could have said more if I had thought this out better, but I just wanted to get it over with to get Eloise in my arms and dance with her.

Christ... listen to me... what is going on that she's making me softhearted, sappy, and sickly sweet.

After the bride and groom's first dance and our bridal party dance ended, I refused to allow Eloise to exit the dance floor; I still wanted to consume the girl that was slowly ruining me. And as I held her in my arms, holding her close while gazing into her beautiful green eyes, my heart pounded like a hummingbird's wings, and the blood flowing through my body caused all sorts of weird sensations. The booming was so furious and incessant that my heart seemed to swell into a mallet and swing against my rib cage—a drum full of dirt that might burst at any moment.

"Are you going to behave now?"

I shook my head slowly, still soaking in the beautiful woman before me. "I don't think I can."

"Why?"

"Because." I sighed. "Ever since you mentioned how you'd possibly be interested in a threesome, I can't stop thinking about it."

Amusement appeared on her face, her lips slowly curving into a smile. "Why?" she pressed hard. "Are you trying to tell me you're interested in hooking us up with one?"

"Fuck. No," I stated firmly. "There's no fucking way I'd allow it."

"Why?" she pressed again, asking why like a five-year-old when you try explaining something to them.

"Because. I wouldn't be able to handle it."

She arched a questionable brow. "But didn't you say you've had threesomes before?"