𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

《 ❦ 》

𝐒𝐓. 𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐆, 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 1918

𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐤𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐭.𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠. the skys were cold and grey as she walked up the steps to her childhood home. her heart still crying from all that she had lost. she grabbed her keys, opening the door to reveal the cold home that had been empty for the past two years. she walked in, shutting and locking the door behind her, letting her case drop to the floor as she walked over to the living room. the sofas still sat in there original space - everything was how it was originally left.

the young woman sat down, taking a deep breath as she considered everything. a loud cry snapped her head up, she stood up, walking towards the window as she watched a older woman embrace a younger man, both sobbing as they clung onto each other. angelica shook her head, moving back to the couch before laying down completely.

tears filled her eyes. imagines of the boys, of olga, of victoria filled her mind. and for what must have been the millionth time in the past few years, angelica aleksandrovich cried. her hands moved to her face as she covered it, her wails getting louder.

···

sooner or later, she stopped crying before she stood up, not even looking at her case that held her uniform. she couldn't. she felt like she never could again. it hurt too much. she was alone.

her mother was gone. her father was gone. they were gone. everyone was gone.

she needed to move on with her life, but she felt useless. she didn't know what to do.

···
𝐒𝐓. 𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐆, 1924
···

she rummaged through her wardrobe. she was packing up her house to move to london for good. she had met someone who filled that grief and heartbreak in her soul, a british man who lived in london. even though he offered to move to russia but she denied, deciding to get away from everything connected to her life. to restart.

as she reached the back of her wardrobe, she felt her fingers hit something hard. a case which she pulled out before immediately recognising. it was that case. she took a deep breath as she placed it on the floor, flicking open the hatches as her hand slowly opened it.

her eyes scanned to filled case. she placed her hand in the uniform, still covered in dirt, grime and old blood. she blinked the tears away before pulling the uniform out of e case and into her hands as she held it up, tears finally leaving when she starred at the giant blood stain on the front.

she shook her head before folding it back up but felt something prick her finger from one of the pockets. she frowned as she placed it back down, reaching into the pocket to reveal a small peice of paper that had been folded up. she unfolded it to show a faint drawing of a girl sitting on a chair. her heart stopping when she saw the cloth, franz's cloth.

her eyes furrowed before she looked at the writing in the corner, her eyes widening at the message.

❛just incase things go bad,
live your best life for me.
i love you, angel.
love, your german boy, paul.
xxx❜

tears fell from her eyes as she let out a choked sob, quickly realising that the girl in the drawing was her. the girl was sat with her head looking ahead, her hair flowing down her back, legs tucked underneath her. she held the picture to her chest, sobbing softly in the quiet house at the memory of the boy she loved. that's when she picked up the cloth, also holding it to her chest.

she sniffed before placing the drawing and the cloth in a small box that she was packing up, making sure it was safe as she closed the case, leaving the uniform in it as she placed the full case in another box before taping it shut.

a few hours later and she was finished packing. the boxes at the door, ready to be taken with her to london as she turned around, looking at the house she lived in, the house she grew up in. before she walked out the door, closing it behind her.

leaving her old life behind.

《 ❦ 》

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄!
— one last chapter!
« 730 words »