𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

《 ❦ 》

𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓, 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 1918

𝐩𝐚𝐮𝐥 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩, 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬. he looked down the see the blonde-haired girl in his arms, who had also started to toss and turn. angelica smiled when she peeled her eyes open, the first thing she saw was paul's face next to her as she smirked, "watching me sleep, huh?"

paul's face turned pink at her teasing only for her to move her hands up to his face, wiping at it slightly to remove at least a little bit of the grime that covered it. she then looked up, seeing olga and kat standing at the broken window, "kat? what time is it? why are you sleeping?" paul questioned as kat hushed him.

"listen." the small village was dead quiet, like creepy quiet, well at least to angelica anyways. "it's so quiet. i almost think i'm dead." kat told as a another small smile placed itself on his face. "they signed it. the war is over."

paul and angelica looked at him, mouth's slightly open, "we lost paul. it's finally over." her finished as olga grabbed his hand secretly, but angelica noticed almost instantly. the older man turned to the other three, "i'm hungry. are you hungry?"

"what-" paul asked confused but kat was already off, "where are you going?"

"come on! before the son of a bitch wakes up. i hear a kp volunteer!" the three look at each other before olga hurries after him first.

"olga?" angelica yells after her before running to catch up with her, paul not far behind her as they caught up with kat and made their way down the the nearby farm in search of food.

···

the air was cold. cold enough that they could see their breath in the air. angelica held paul's hand in her own, keeping at least of the there hands warm, but both of them noticed how kat gripped onto olga's hand as they walked up the hill. "what are you all doing for christmas?" kat asks, breaking the silence.

"i don't know." paul confessed as kat looked back at him.

"i'm going to fry a goose. with red cabbage and kraut. then i'll light all the candles and kiss my wife. god, paul, so's so beautiful." he explained as angelica watched disappointment form into olga's face as she dropped kat's hand, reached out for angelica's. the blonde immediately let go of paul's hand once kat started ranted about his wife, grabbing the other woman's, kissing her cheek before the two caught up with the two men.