𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

《 ❦ 》

𝐖𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓, 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 1917

𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞. angelica remembers the way those men looked at her, looked at all the women. either like they were a disease or the first women they had since in a decade. either-way, things weren't so bad, every-now-and-again they would see something they didn't want to but all of them were used to that.

they had helped all the allied soldiers that were suck in the west but still were not allowed to leave. they would escort the soldiers to a truck to take them back to the eastern front but every time a women went to also get in the truck to go back, they were informed that they weren't allowed.

angelic had broken the rule of 'not helping the germans' a few times. the first was a young boy, no older than her, begging for his mother while applying pressure to a stab wounds and she felt too sorry for the poor boy that she had to help. a few other time just seemed to be in the place at the time or belong yelled at in german by an older man for being 'selfish' and not helping a man out.

it's lucky she understood german, her father had taught her many different languages during her youth, such as english, german and a little bit of latin. french was still as confusing as it always had been, but olga understood it so that was good enough.

she was on her break, wondering around the german camp looking for something to drink, her mouth dry due to the lack of water she had drank. she stopped for a moment, huffing slightly when she couldn't find a water tank.

her mind wondered to olga, the women and few other girls had been sent to the front, helping out at the medical den that was there due to the german's lack in nurses and doctors. in her mind, they were being held captive, like in a cage they couldn't escape, but she convinced herself that she was being dramatic. she could run off if she wanted too, surely a man wouldn't shoot a young teenage girl? the young girl did not understand why the germans were ok with russian women inside their trench, but either-way, it was a job to keep the busy. the fact that they still hadn't been allowed to go back to the eastern side pissed her off slightly, why would the germans keep enemy nurses on sight?

she couldn't imagine olga suck in the trenches with a bunch of german men. the woman had always had a distinct hatred for them, never telling why though, but a nurses job is to care for people, so none of them had a choice.

"are you alright?" a voice spoke up, making her jump as she whipped around, being met with the face of a young boy, around the age of eighteen, his hair was black but shaven and his blue jumped contrasted with the murky surroundings.

"erm-" she stuttered, not knowing if she could trust the boy, "yes, i am. off you go." she dismissed but the boy did not take that for an answer.

"well you don't look it. come on you can trust me." the boy told as he looked at angelica's confused face, "albert, albert kropp." he introduced.