Act 1, Scene 6

Int. Paris Room- after the phone call with Lexi

Paris grabs her sketchbook and heads downstairs to where Diane is working on bills. Diane has never been good with numbers or bills especially. Paris walks up slowly with her sketchbook in her hand.

                  Diane

       Paris Honey. What's up?

                 Paris 

I want to show you something, but if I'm interrupting I can go back downstairs until you're done.

                 Diane

No. no. you're fine. I needed a break from all these bills. What's going on.  

                 Paris

Okay. Well, I drew Camoran from my memory and I wanted to show you what he looks like.

                  Diane

             Okay. Show away.    

Paris opens her sketchbook to the drawing of Camoran. Diane's jaw drops.

                 Diane  

          Is... is this Camoran?

                 Paris

(Nods) Yes. I drew this for you to see what he looked like.

Diane takes the sketchbook and looks at it up close. She looks up at Paris. 

                 Diane  

He is cute, Paris, but I want to see if he is worthy.

Just then Paris' phone beeped. Paris looked at her phone. A text from Camoran says, How about we hang tomorrow after school say 4? Same place we met.

                 Diane

           Is that Camoran?

                 Paris

   Yes. He wants to know if we can hang tomorrow. I've got it.

Paris types out a text to Camoran saying, My mom wants to see a full conversation between us to see you're not dangerous. Dating rules. :(

                 Paris

I've got it under control mother dearest. And when I have this full conversation I get to hang out with Cameron. Whoo.

Paris' phone beeped. A text from Camoran. That's cool. I'm chilled about it. I know what you mean about the dating rules. Let me know when you're allowed to hang.

                 Paris

This dude is super chilled about everything.

                  Diane

             So? Can I see?  

Paris hands Diane her phone and Diane read through the texts. Diane looks at anxious Paris.

                  Diane   

     You can hang out with him.

                 Paris

  (Jumps up in the air) Yes!! Mom, you're the best.

                 Diane

                I know. 

                    Paris

I'm going to my room and draw. Thank you! Thank you!

Paris hugs her mom tightly. Diane smiles, trying to breathe from the tight hug.

                  Paris

          See you later Mom.