The twins stopped, and Bail went off after Palpatine and the others. Anakin and Mary went behind one of the giant columns to meet up with the shadowy figure, who was revealed to be Senator Padmé Amidala. The couple embraced and kissed.
"Okay... I better leave you two alone... see you soon, Padmé."  Mary said, hugging her friend.

☾☼

The view was strangely distorted and disorienting. Padmé was on a table in an alien medical chamber. She was giving birth and was screaming.
"Anakin, Mary... help me! Help, Anakin! Anakin, I love you. I love you."
She screamed and died.
Mary and Anakin woke up at the same time but they weren't in the same room, Anakin was in Padmé's apartment and Mary was in her room at the Jedi Temple.

The next morning Mary was on her way to Master Yoda to tell him about her dream, when she met her brother.
"Anakin!"
"Sis, where are you going?"
"I'm going to Master Yoda, I have to ask him for advice."
"About what?"
"A dream..."
"What dream?" Anakin asked.
"I dreamed of Padmé who was suffering and screaming our names..."
"It's also my dream."
"What? What does it mean? Why did we dream about her at the same time?"
"I don't know, let's go to Master Yoda and find out."
"I don't like this..." Mary affirmed, worried.

Yoda and the twins sat in Yoda's room, deep in thought.
"Premonitions... premonitions... Hmmmm... these visions you have..." Yoda said.
"They are of pain, suffering, death..." Anakin added.
"Yourself you speak of, or someone you know?" asked Yoda.
"Someone..." both replied.
"... close to you?"
"Yes." both answered.
"Careful you must be when sensing the future. The fear of loss is a path to the dark side."
"I'm sorry, Master." Mary added.
"I won't let these visions come true, Master Yoda." Anakin said.
"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is."
"What must I do, Master Yoda?" asked Anakin.
"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
The twins hurried down a temple hallway, heading toward a Jedi Briefing Room. Several Jedi were exiting.

Mary and Anakin rushed into the Briefing Room. By the time they reached the Chamber, the last of the Jedi were leaving. Only Obi-Wan remained at the front of the lecture hall.
He was shutting off some holograms and electronic charts and maps.
"You missed the report on the Outer Rim sieges."
"I'm sorry, I was held up. I have no excuse." Anakin explained.
"In short, they are going very well. Saleucami has fallen, and Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity." Kenobi explained.
"What's wrong then?" asked Mary.
"The Senate is expected to vote more executive powers to the Chancellor today." Obi-Wan said.
"Well, that can only mean less deliberating and more action. Is that bad? It will make it easier for us to end this war." Anakin said.
"Anakin, be careful of your friend Palpatine." Obi-Wan said.
"Be careful of what?" asked Anakin.
"He has requested your presence."
"What for?"
"He would not say."
"He didn't inform the Jedi Council? That's unusual, isn't it?" Mary said.
"All of this is unusual, and it's making me feel uneasy. You're probably aware that relations between the Council and the Chancellor are stressed." Obi-Wan replied.
"I know the Council has grown wary of the Chancellor's power, mine also for that matter. Aren't we all working together to save the Republic? Why all this distrust?" Anakin said.
"The Force grows dark, Anakin, and we are all affected by it. Be wary of your feelings." Obi-Wan said.

☾☼

Anakin and Mary stood pensively in front of the Jedi Council Chambers. The door opened. They entered and stood in the middle of the room. They were surrounded by the Jedi Council Mace Windu, Eeth Koth, Obi-Wan, Yoda and the holograms of Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi.
"Anakin Skywalker, we have approved your appointment to the Council as the Chancellor's personal representative." Mace said.
"I will do my best to uphold the principles of the Jedi Order." Anakin replied.
"Allow this appointment lightly, the Council does not. Disturbing is this move by Chancellor Palpatine." Yoda said.
"I understand."
"You are on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master." Mace affirmed.
Anakin reacted with anger. Mary looked sadly at the brother.
"What?! How can you do this?? This is outrageous, it's unfair... I'm more powerful than any of you. How can you be on the Council and not be a Master?" Anakin said.
"Anakin, please, calm down." Mary said.
"Take a seat, young Skywalker." Mace ordered.
"Forgive me, Master." Anakin replied.
Anakin went and sat in one of the empty chairs. Everyone was embarrassed.
"Master, with your permission, I take my leave, since I'm not part of the Council." Mary said.
"Permission granted." replied Mace.
Mary left the Council, but first gave a sorry look to her brother.