ᴛᴡᴏ | Barfy and Farty

━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━

TWO

𝘽𝘼𝙍𝙁𝙔 & 𝙁𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙔

━━━━━━━

If there was one good thing that Eleanor believed her father had done right, it was to let her go to public school. There were stipulations of course, because holding leverage over a ten year old seemed like a sensible and normal thing for Sandy Furness to do.

She had seen normal school on TV and read about it in books, her fascination coming entirely from the fact that she had been home schooled her whole life. In her house, all she had was a distant father, a bubbly, party-girl sister, and a countless number of maids and cooks and chauffeurs and gardeners, the list went on, and they were never allowed to get close to her as much as she tried. So, the idea of being around kids her age seemed very appealing to the little girl. The mansion her father owned was large, old, and dusty, the only people she really talked to were pricey nannies and the dullest math tutors imaginable. She needed to get out.

For two months straight over the summer she would run around the big home, locating her father, and pester him about it nonstop. She remembers the day he finally caved in. She was in his office, in a large leather chair, where she was sitting small and doe-eyed, looking as pleading as possible. He stared her down, looming over her in his throne-like chair. "Please, please?" She'd beg. He took off his glasses and looked at her in the eyes. It was rare for him to give her his full attention like this. The action made her squirm in her chair, and the feeling of goosebumps crept up on her, like a draft had suddenly moved through the room. The oddest smile crept on his face as he raised a finger. "On one condition. You come with me to the office today."

"Sandy! It's so good to have you meet with us

"Sandy! It's so good to have you meet with us."

Young Eleanor found herself in a big board room, with giant windows displaying the California city sky line. Her first instinct was to run up and press her face against them, but her father gave her a stern talking to beforehand to "be on her best behavior in front of the business men."