- - - -

Mekai walked downstairs, playing with his chain outta instinct. Turning the corner, He watched Sehkani hum and sway her body as she cooked the last part of Mekai birthday breakfast - Something like the girls did for hers but besides the buffet part, Mekai didn't like eating in the morning.

Mekai walked further before wrapping his arms around her waist, Sehkani jumped but instantly calmed down as she smelled his cologne, "Hey Handsome, I'm just finishing the eggs." She spoke softly, peeling the wrapper from the cheese and placing it on the eggs - The only way to make eggs.

Mekai hummed against her neck making her giggle, "I appreciate this, Mama." He truthfully stated, rubbing her stomach.

"You're welcome, Stop rubbing my tummy like i'm pregnant." She swatted his hands away, scrapping the eggs on a plate before turning around, making Mekai step backwards so she could finish her set up.

"Hell yeah, Finna have my sonny son forming in that bih'." He smirked, following behind her to the dining table. The two usually eat in the livingroom or their bedroom, So he was a bit confused.

"Aht Aht, You won't jinx me. Knock on that wood over there," She shook her head, placing the eggs on the table. Mekai chuckled, not doing her instructions but instead sat down.

"Why you sitting all the way over there?" He frowned, watching her pull out the chair across the table from where he sat.

She giggled, "This is how you properly sit." She explained, "It'll only be for twenty minutes, Baby." She assured, seeing his face pout.

Mekai rolled his eyes, "Fuck a proper breakfast then, Ion wanna eat no mo'." He shook his head.

"Fine, where would you like me to sit, Birthday boy?" She stood up, grabbing her plate and watched his eyes advert to his lap, making her shake her head, "I will not being sitting there... It's breakfast time."

"I will not be eating." Mekai shrugged, leaning back in chair with his hands behind his head as he patiently waited for her to give in - knowing she would.

She raised her eyebrows before sighing heavily, walking over and gently sitting in his lap, "Happy?"

"As can be, now let's eat." He smiled, opening his mouth as Sehkani scooped some grits and fed him, "Mmm, You put sugar in this?" He licked his lips.

"A luh'.. I didn't know if you like sugar but I do." She shrugged, eating some of her grits as well.

"Yeah, gimme some mo'."

"Hm," She put some in his mouth, before eating the rest that was left on the spoon, "So, have you checked your phone?"

He shook his head, "Nah, it's gonna be just random people thinking ima let them back in my life from a simple 'happy birthday'." He shrugged.

"Well... Could you look at my post? I'd appreciate it." Sehkani mumbled, stuffing her mouth with eggs as she grew nervous from him reading the paragraph she wrote at 4:24 this morning.

Mekai chuckled and pulled out his phone, clicking on the instagram app, "Anything you want luh' mama."

𝗦𝗲𝗵𝗸𝗮𝗻𝗶𝟬𝟬𝟭 | 𝟪𝗁 𝖺𝗀𝗈...