Chapter 25: One Step Closer

Start from the beginning

"Micheal." I try more sternly, now letting my mind clear as I try to calculate how close I have to get to him to snatch the phone in my hands.

I don't know what it would even do, he is still going to know it all even when the phone is cracked between my fingers.

I don't see the way out of here.

"Or even sending him to a daily jail, even a fifteen year old can escape. Oh, I'm sure Alena Brooks will love to hear that."

A cold nails are being dragged over my skin. "You can't tell her."

"I can."

Yes, yes he can.

"I know." I manage out. "But you can't. This isn't just about me, think of Leah. She doesn't have a mother, and if I'm gone-"

"She has Caitlin," he lifts his chin up. "She has me, she has mom and dad."

"That is not the same." I hiss out, words acid on my lips. "You can't just replace me as-"

"You think she wants a father like you?" he yells, raising his voice sends my feet straight for the ground. I don't move but the fury starts rising in me. "Wait a few years once she is old enough to understand some things and imagine how will she react to some of these things."

"That is none of your bussines." I fire back, sick of others dicating how should I raise my own child.

They were throwing me under the bus, even vefore I had the chance to prove myself. Thinking of having children was always a distant secret of the dark forest, then one day it was dropped onto me, without a mother in the picture. Only me, alone in the world with her.

I won't let them take her away from me again.

His face slowly falls into a calmer state."I am trying to help you." voice in an awful state of calmness despite the situation around the cracked glass around us.

It's my turn to scoff in disbelief, still holding on the thread of snatching the phone away from him at least for oke civil conversation before it's too late.

"How is turning me in meant to help me?"

He tilts his head, changing the course of his fury as he walks back to me, burying his feet in front of me. The urge to push him away or even attack is too close to my liking, but the demeanor is terrifying and I can't seem to find the right key to escape this cage.

His phone is in his hand when he lifts it in the air and I don't think before acting, whatever was the blunt object in my hand from the porch, I tried to find my way out to him but it seems as if he knows me better than I believed.

I had no time to even gather my thoughts or at least try to find a loophole of where he kept the handcuffs he obviously stole from my belongings, because as soon as I felt the cold steel on my wrist it was tied to the other side.

A grunt left my mouth, hand reaching out to grab him but he stepped back, shaking off the chills from his body as he looked back at me, desperately trying to break from the unbreakable.

"Micheal." I try, but he is quick to spit out harsh words. "Save it."

"No." I pull on the restraints one more time. "Micheal, please, listen to me."

A voice is leaving out the amount of shaking which could tear the ground apart, but nothing could have prepared me for this. The victory of my downfall is close and I am inches from reaching for it but the universe is laughing at me, tumingin my every mistake like a cruel mother.

"Listen to you?" he asks. "What do you think I have been doing for years Winter?" he raises a voice, yet the tone weakens.

I try to reopen my mouth and continue my long speech which could possibly lead me absolutly nowhere, but I am out of options. I don't manage as he continues, with each sentence the loudness rises and I am left standing bewildered.