Y/n clears her throat and picks up the neglected comic book again. “So, what exactly does ’shipping’ mean?”

Sana smiles and shuffles closer until they’re sitting side by side, her body radiating warmth and Y/n trying to fight off a stupid smile at how nice it feels to have Sana this close to her. Sana opens the book to the pages where there’s some interaction between Steve and Peggy. “They’re already romantically together, right? As in, the writer or director displays them as a couple. That’s what fans call canon.”

“Canon...?”

“Yup.” She flips back to a page where Steve is talking to Bucky and makes a circle around them with her pointer finger. “Steve and Bucky are only friends though, but there’s like a bunch of people who want them to be more than friends. That’s called shipping. They want them to, like, kiss and have sexy times and stuff.”

Y/n frowns when Sana wiggles her eyebrows at her. “How do you know all of that?”

“This guy I was seeing did some crazy fanart of—” Sana stops mid-sentence and Y/n acts like it’s no big deal, like it doesn’t make her feel like she’s not enough for Sana when the guy talks about the cool people she used to date. “But just so you know, I kind of ship you with me.”

Y/n laughs and pushes Sana away by her shoulder, mainly to cover up the fact that Sana’s words are making her blush like a hormonal teenager. She remembers Sana’s words from before and furrows her eyebrows in confusion. “But aren’t we already canon?

Sana slowly sits back up again, blinking at Y/n with her mouth slightly agape. She stays like that for a few seconds.

“Did I say something wrong?”

“You think we’re canon?” It looks like Sana is trying hard not to smile.

“Uhm. Yeah. We’re not?” Y/n doesn’t get this whole shipping thing; she thought she did but Sana’s reaction confuses her, more so when Sana stops gaping and starts beaming at Y/n instead.

“No. It’s fine. We are.” Her grin is threatening to split her face apart and Y/n doesn’t know why but she feels like she just accomplished something huge by making Sana smile like that.

Sana gets a strange look in her eyes, and she starts leaning in, and Y/n kind of braces herself because Sana wants to kiss her (it’s such a foreign feeling, nothing Y/n thinks she can get used to; knowing someone on this planet wants something like that from Y/n). Their lips are only a breath apart—

“Sana, can I borrow your that new razor you brought—” Momo opens the door with no warning, looking up from the floor just in time to see Y/n and Sana move apart like they’ve been burned. She kind of freezes with one hand on the door handle, slightly gaping at the two of them with the corners of her lips twitching.

“What do you want?” Sana asks, clearing her throat. Y/n pretends to look out the window but her eyes still catch the sight of pink dusting Sana’s cheeks and it takes great effort for her not to grin like an idiot.

“Your razor. Can I borrow it?” Momo asks, a smirk on her face.

“Yes, now get out.”

“Sure.” Momo glances at Y/n, her smile widening. “You two have fun… reading.

Momo leaves and Sana grumbles something under her breath and it’s way too endearing how embarrassed she looks. You’d think someone like Sana was used to getting walked in on by her friends but maybe not.

They do actually end up reading – just reading – until Y/n leaves again which is when they end up standing at the door like idiots for about ten seconds before Sana sighs and leans in to press a kiss on Y/n’s cheek.