Author's Note

Hi everyone, here's a few quick words from me before the story starts.

I've been reading fanfiction for many years now, but this is the first time I've tried my hand at writing something myself. So I warn you, I'm not an experienced writer, but I'll try my best. Furthermore, English is not my native language. It is likely that you will find mistakes while reading, which you are welcome to point out to me. Constructive criticism is welcome so that I can hopefully improve. I would like to point out that this story contains mature themes as it evolves around Finnick's time in the Capitol so read at your own risk. I'm not sure how regularly I'll get around to posting new chapters so bear with me. Apart from that, I hope some of you will like my ideas, so have fun.

Disclaimer:

I do not own The Hunger Games and all credit for characters, storylines and dialogue from the novels and films belong to Suzanne Collins, Nina Jacobson and John Kilik. All my original characters, as well as the plot evolving around them and their dialogue belong to me.

One further remark:

This work is crossposted on Ao3 and FanFiction.net (under the profile Aurabella) and also partly on tumblr (under the profile bluemidnightmelody). I don't give consent to reposts of any kind on other sites without asking permission first, so if anyone finds this story on other profiles please let me know.