Chapter 12

CHASE

I am not easily fazed by problems. It will take a lot to ruin my day because I never take life seriously. To me, whatever happens, happens. If life decides to bite me in the ass one day, then so be it. I don't really give a fuck.

Kaya hindi ko alam kung bakit ganito na lang ang inis ko dahil lang hindi ako nirereplayan!

"Dinner's ready downstairs, Kuya. Let's eat na!" Chesca said after entering my room without knocking.

"Please knock before entering." I said.

"Hindi naman naka-lock. Bakit pa ako kakatok?" Pilosopong sagot pa.

I shook my head and just diverted my attention back to my phone. Wala naman akong importanteng ginagawa doon, bukod sa pangungulit kay Jasmine na hindi yata marunong gumamit ng cellphone. Online naman pero hindi nagrereply.

"Hello? I said, dinner's ready na." Ulit ni Chesca.

"Mamaya na ako kakain." I answered. Kilala ko naman na kung sino ang bisita sa baba kahit hindi niya sabihin.

"But dad wants you to be there." She insisted.

"So?" Naiinis na ako.

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's Enzo's fucking presence. It also doesn't help that he's here with Alana.

"Then, can you just please do it for me?" She pleaded. "'Pag hindi ka sumabay, then I'll be forced to socialize with them!"

"Then don't join them for dinner. It's that simple."

"You know, I can't. The dinner's for me!" She rolled her eyes, "I can't believe I just got back home, and this is what I already have to deal with."

Chesca is the youngest of the three of us, but she's also the wisest and most adventurous out of all. She's 2 years younger, and has been studying abroad for almost 3 years now but has since decided to go back home and finish the rest of her studies here.

She just got home today, and is the main reason why we are suddenly having dinner as a complete fucking family — complete... with that bastard here.

"And aren't you glad I'm home?" She asked with puppy eyes.

I chuckled, "Hindi na tumatalab sa'kin 'yan."

Bigla niya akong hinampas ng throw pillow, "Please, Kuya! Let's just go!" Pagmamakaawa niya, halos hilahin na ako patayo ng higaan.

"Kung ayaw mong masira ang gabing 'to, hayaan mo na 'ko dito." Seryosong saad ko.

She shook her head in dismay.

"I knew you hated him for what he did." She said, "But I didn't know it's to this extent. And all because of what? That girl?"

Hindi ako sumagot. Why do I need to explain myself further? My anger is beyond just that. He's my brother. I expected more from him, but he betrayed me.

"I'm happy you're back, Ches. I just don't want to ruin the night for you." I genuinely said.

"You'll only ruin it if you don't join us for dinner." She said, pulling out her last card.

In the end, hindi ko nga siya natiis. Labag man sa loob ko, bumaba ako at sumabay na sa dinner. My parents looked happy that I joined them. They should have expected this. Alam nilang hindi ko kayang tanggihan si Chesca so they used her to get to me.