Chapter 19

CHASE

"Is that a scrapbook??" I could hear the laughter in Chesca's voice, but I ignored her.

I was so busy sticking the pictures in the scrapbook, that I let her peer over me.

"Well, well well..." She said with marked approval. "Look who the love gods finally struck?" She chuckled. "Personalized scrapbooks? I didn't know you had it in you!"

I chuckled, and just continued finishing everything up.

"The effort! Grabe..." She marveled even more.

I bought a set of jewelries for Jasmine too, intricately designed and customized just for her. Flowers, too. Her favorite — tulips. Then, I spent two weeks making this scrapbook.

I wanted it to be personal. So I made the whole scrapbook from scratch. I went from store to store to find textured cardstocks of my preference. Then it took me a few days to put them all in place, making sure they don't tear apart at the slightest touch. Spent another more, looking for stickers I know she might like. Then another more to print out my favorites photos that I have of her. Then spent a whole other week gluing them to each page.

All the photos I chose were candid. Stolen moments of her just being herself. The raw and striking beauty she possesses that she seems to be so unaware of. I want her to see how she looks in my eyes.

All these years of knowing her, I never really considered what lies underneath all that so-called hate I felt for her. Maybe I hated her because I knew then that I couldn't have her. Not with my brother liking her... and her being the sister of my best friend. It all just seemed so wrong back then.

But I'm done playing blind. I see it now. It's all clear to me now. It has been ever since, but I was just too terrified to admit it.

"Just a heads up." Chesca said, interrupting my thoughts. "For some odd reason, Enzo will be attending the party."

"I know." Archer told me. Leon invited him to spite me. Para lang inisin ako.

"Let's just hope he doesn't bring Alana." She rolled her eyes. "Mahiya naman sila."

Hindi na ako sumagot. The memory of what happened just a week ago flashed on my mind. The footage I saw. Of Alana mercilessly pushing and locking Jasmine inside that dark storage room. And how Enzo just sat his ass and kept silent about it.

I shook my head at the thought. Ano bang nagustuhan niya sa lalakeng 'yon?

Friday came, and I went to school a little earlier than usual. I wanted to be there earlier than Jasmine so I could have time to gather myself. Buong gabi ko pa inisip kung paano ko siya babatiin at kung paano ko ibibigay sa kanya lahat ng mga regalo ko.

I'm new to this, and am still feeling everything out. The last thing I want to do is mess everything up and scare her off.

By the time I reached school, I decided to just put my gifts inside her locker. Madalas, makapal ang mukha ko. Unfortunately, today's not one of those days. I'll deal with her reaction later.

I was so close when I spotted a familiar figure standing right in front of Jasmine's locker. I halted to a stop when I recognized who it was.

Enzo.

Lumipat ang tingin ko sa kausap niya at lalong natigilan nang makita si Jasmine. I clicked my tongue and smirked bitterly.

What a way to start my fucking day.