Chapter 9: Pent-Up

Start from the beginning

"hey..." Slim speaks up, "why don't we forget about this brat and just chill? we can do our own thing~"

"Like what?" Alvin asks with curiosity.

"hey, why don't we go back to our place?" Stretch asks, "al here has never seen it. and i believe my bro promised to make tacos the next time you came over."

Alvin gasps before turning to me, "Can we go!? Can we!? Canwecanwecanwe? Pleasepleaseplease!?"

I look up at Stretch hesitantly, "I still don't know what a taco is."

Stretch winks, "only one way to find out~"

I look between the three of their faces before sighing with relentment, "Alright. Lead the way."

❤❤❤❤♡❤❤❤❤

After a few minutes of being cared by giants, we reach the skeletons place. I never really got a good look at the outside before, probably cause I was too busy trying to get back home to Alvin as soon as possible to take the time to notice. To me it looked like a pretty large structure! It toward as high as most of the trees! And now that I'm paying attention, it looks to be made of wood, just like a tree. It was shaped like a box, but the top part was pointed. And there were gaps here and there, I guess those were to see through. Or maybe different ways in and out?

"What are the gaps for?" I ask out loud.

"gaps?" Stretch says confused by my question.

"The gaps in the wood of your home," I clarify, "wouldn't they make your place drafty during the cold seasons?"

"oh, you mean the windows!" Stretch exclaims with realization.

"Wind... dows...?"

"yeah, they're mostly just to look out of," Stretch goes on to explain, "we can open them when it gets too hot, or shut them tight to keep the heat in when it's cold out. guess you guys don't really have those built into trees, huh?"

I shake my head, "No, we don't. Sounds convenient though."

"very convenient." Stretch agrees.

"Maybe we should all stay here during the winter instead," Alvin laughs, "sounds like it would be so much better than freezing our butts off all season."

I scoff, "Good luck convincing everyone to stay in the same place with a bunch of giants."

"Yeah..." Alvin relented, "was a nice thought though..."

The skeletons brought us inside, shutting the door behind them. It didn't take long for a certain skeleton with a blue bandanna to come barreling towards us.

"BROTHER, WHERE WERE YOU?" Blue cried out, "YOU BETTER HAVE NOT BEEN OUT SMOKING AGAIN!"

"nah bro," Stretch drawls, "slim and i were just chillin'. happen to bump into [y/n] and little al in the forest."

Blue seemed to brighten at the mention of our names, "REALLY!?"

He quickly takes notice of us in the palm of Stretch's hand and audibly gasped, "OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE BACK! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I MEAN, I KNEW YOU COULDN'T RESIST TO BE A PART FROM YOUR BEST FRIEND THE MAGNIFICENT BLUE FOR TOO LONG, MWEH HEE HEE!"

Then he turns his attention back to his brother, "BUT I CERTAINLY HOPE YOU DID NOT ACTUALLY BUMP INTO THEM BROTHER, THEY ARE WAY TOO SMALL, AND [Y/N]'S LEG STILL DOESN'T LOOK TO BE FULLY HEALED."