10. Zara

Now is the time, the time when I have to create a web of lies . Whenever I defy dad , I lie through my teeth to save my pitiable self from his wrath . My dad , Kabir Mandhana is the most ruthless business tycoon . He is actually abhimanyu into one thousand if it comes to rage . He doesn't control our life on a daily basis like abhi does to me but he just told us a sentence that I've leant by heart .
If anyone of you brings disgrace to my hard earned Prestige I'll kill you in cold blood , be it Zara or Abhimanyu . I don't want children who bismirch my name .

That is what he said when me and abhi were moving into Uni . He loves us no doubt about that and protects us from others but only till we don't bring disgrace.

So I sometimes thank God that I have to deal with abhi rather than my father himself.
"What on this motherfucking earth were you doing in Hunters Mansion "he snarls leaving my elbow once we reach in my apartment.

"I went to a party " I whisper. Shivay already left , not that he would save me or anything. He just considers me his sister untill I don't become a liability. At least that's what I think . Daivey on the other hand could have saved me but he too left when shivay forced him . So now there is me , abhi and his wrath.

"You went to WHAT " he yells making me flinch . A tear streams down my cheek but I wipe it away . Dad hates when we cry so his replica abhi hates it too . Crying is a sign of weakness and helplessness according to them .

"Ishani took us , I'm--- I'm sorry abhi "

"Fuck sorry Zara , you know dad will murder you if he finds out you were slee--- fuck --- staying with that guy "

"I was drunk he just helped and nothing else happened trust me , if you have that ability anyways "

"You were ???? What the fuck Zara , now you're drinking? " He grabs a vase and smashes it on the ground. Shivering me steps in a corner trying my best to control the tears.

"I'm sorry bhai agli baar ni hoga , kabhi nhi "

He wipes his face with a hand and then steps forward crushing the broken glass under his feet .
"Agli baar k liye vo bachega bhi nhi " He speaks firmly .

"And you --- " he points a finger at me "you will--- "

He is interupted by the clicking of door handle .

"Nahi bhai , baki toh sab thik hai aur haan vo ayega yha ? Matlab meko ni milna please . Dar lagta hai meko usse . Jab tak vo jail me rehta hai itna sab acha hota hai" Crystal steps in probably not noticing us because a phone is connected to her ear and she has too many books in her hand which can fall anytime . She's dressed in a rose pink tulle dress and her hair are tied in a pony tail with stands of hair left loose in front when she turns around to shut the door I notice a very pretty pink hairpin sitting on her head .

"Haan sachme usse kisko ni lagta hoga " she chuckles. " or aaj to meko itni daat pdi class mein late join kiya isliye . Ab mera rone ka mann----" she notices me and abhi as she places the books on a table .

"I'll call you later Ivaan" she hangs up and holds her phone tightly in her hand .

"I'm sorry I didn't notice--- "
" who was the professor "
Abhi interups her .

" sorry ?"

"Who was the damn professor in your class Crystal? "
Wait ! Wait a fucking minute .

"Mr. Mishra . Don't bother okay " she speaks without even looking at him . Infact it seems like she loaths my brother's mere existence.

He tilts his head to the side with a smile.

With a what ? A smile. Ohhh myyyy goddddd.

Ohhh my freaking---
"He'll be taken care of love "
Wait I'm getting a heart attack , I'm getting a stroke .

He strolls across the room towards the door but then stops to look at Crystal "rona nahi . Motherfucker won't be able to yell at anyone now "

She turns her head away crossing her arms in front of her chest and he exits.
I really feel dizzy when I walk towards her .

"Can you pinch me "

"Why " she chuckles.

"Just do it okay "

She pinches me on the cheek and then walks forward to find the broken vase "Did he do that ? Ohh my God that was my favorite. He's such a wanker " she turns around realizing " oopsy, I'm sorry"

"No ,no he really is a wanker or was " I look at her with suspicion.
"He reminds me of kiaan " she smiles awkwardly.

"Your brother in the prison?"

"Aah-- my brother who was in the prison, he's coming back and he'll be there at the Championship which is now practically ruined for me "

"Why "

"See , if your brother is a control freak pshycho mine is a lunatic monster" she chuckles.

"Hashtag toxic life " I roll my eyes .

"Bitch where the hell were you" Inayat yells as I turn around to find all three of them .

"Did you just bail on us for that Oberoi, did you both have a night ?" Kai questions.

"No shut up , I was drunk and I slept "

"I doubt that" ishani says coming from behind them .

"Please guys I've already had enough of all this for today "

My phone vibrates and my spine jerks straight. I know who it is .
They indulge in a conversation or a debate about whether me and archit did it while I check my phone .

Archit : I'll pick you up tomorrow after class . No excuses and it certainly won't be a date date .

Zara : wait for me outside the campus .

Archit : I don't wait and Ofcourse not when I'm in a temper .

Zara : what the fuck is my fault?

Archit : okay count your damn punishments .
a , you were drunk .
b , you were over drunk .
c , you told me to shut the fuck up in front of all those assholes .
d , you left when I didn't want you to .
e , you tried to bribe me with a date .
f , I had to take too many threats from your stupid brother for you when he deserved being beaten to a pulp .
g , you stopped me .
h , you manipulated me .

Zara : ohh God , fine , fine . Will sorry do ?

Archit : say that when I fuck you like an animal tommorow.

My body freezes and the worst part being even when I'm scared . My center throbs for a want, a desire .

_________________________

Translations -:

I'm sorry bhai agli baar ni hoga , kabhi nhi "
(I'm sorry brother, it will not happen next time , never )

Agli baar k liye vo bachega bhi nhi
(He will not remain alive for the next time )

" Nahi bhai , baki toh sab thik hai aur haan vo ayega yha ? Matlab meko ni milna please . Dar lagta hai meko usse . Jab tak vo jail me rehta hai itna sab acha hota hai
( no brother , everything else is fine and yeah ! Will he come here ? I mean I don't want to see him please . I'm scared of him . Everything is fine untill he stays inside the prison)

Haan sachme usse kisko ni lagta hoga
( yes really , who won't be scared of him )

or aaj to meko itni daat pdi class mein late join kiya isliye . Ab mera rone ka mann----
(Today I got rebuked so bad in class because of joining late . Now I want to cry---)

"rona nahi "
(Don't cry )