Chapter 1: The Arrival of the System

Chapter 1:

I woke up to the sound of sirens outside my window. This was a common occurrence in my neighborhood, as it was known for being surrounded by gangs.  My name is Kazuki Shirogane. I never really understood why people joined them. Maybe it was for protection, maybe it was for a sense of belonging. But for me, I just wanted to get out of this place.

I got dressed and headed out for school. I had dark blue hair, dark blue jacket, with gang signs behind the collar. As I was walking, I noticed something strange. A notification popped up in front of my face:

"Quest System Activated"

"What the...?" I muttered to myself as I tried to swipe it away, but it wouldn't disappear.

"Hello?" I said, hoping for a response.

"Greetings, adventurer. You have been selected to participate in a questing system. Your objective is to complete various tasks and challenges to gain rewards and level up."

"What the hell is this..."

"Simply follow the instructions provided to you. Your first quest has already been assigned."

A digital blue screen appeared right in front of my face that nobody could see.

I looked at the quest description and it read: "Deliver a package to Mr. Johnson's house before 3 pm."

"That's it?" I asked, feeling overwhelmed to underwhelmed.
This was way too much to take in.

"Yes, but be careful. Mr. Johnson is not to be trifled with."

I shrugged and headed off to complete my first quest. I went to the address provided and knocked on the door. A gruff-looking man answered.

 A gruff-looking man answered

"Who are you?" he demanded.

"I'm here to deliver a package," I said, holding out the small parcel.

He snatched it from my hands and examined it closely.

"Everything seems to be in order. You may leave now."

I quickly left, feeling a bit uneasy about the whole encounter.

As I walked away, another notification appeared in front of me.

"Quest Complete. Rewards: 50 Gold, 100 XP."

"Huh, not bad," I said, feeling a bit excited about this new system.

Later that day, I was walking home from school when I noticed a group of gangsters loitering on the street corner. I tried to walk past them, but one of them stepped in front of me.

"Hey kid, what you got there?" he asked, eyeing my backpack.

"Nothing, just some school stuff," I replied nervously.

"Well, let's see it then."

I didn't have much choice, so I reluctantly opened my backpack. The gangster rifled through it, throwing my books and papers on the ground.

"Looks like you don't have anything worth taking," he sneered. "Get out of here before we change our minds."

I quickly gathered my things and ran away as fast as I could.

When I got home, another notification appeared.

"Quest: Retrieve stolen property from gangsters. Reward: 150 Gold, 200 XP."

I knew what I had to do. I couldn't let them get away with this. I gathered my courage and headed back out onto the streets, determined to complete this quest.

(to be continued)